How to disable browser “auto jump-tab”?

January 30, 2014

Using Chrome browser (also Maxthon browser) there is a “feature” that is most annoying – when you are reading a story under an open tab, after a time it auto-flips to open the adjoining tab, blocking you out of the first one mid-sentence, with no action on your part.

I suspect it may be some Java-something, but can find no references to disable it in Preferences or otherwise. The icon symbol that pops up as it activates looks like two tabbed file folders with an arcing arrow above that points right.

Any ideas on how to remove/disable/kill it? I just want to finish the tabbed story I was on!

I am on an iMac [Nov.2012] and Mavericks OS.

This is not an ordinary feature of either Chrome or Maxthon. I've been using both for some time and have never come across this problem. It may well be something to do with the web pages you use, extensions you have or perhaps even something else on your Mac. To begin with, disable all your extensions and see how you get on. Then, if the problem went away, start re-enabling your extensions one by one until you find the offending one.