How can I direct the Send to Mail Recipient to using Gmail?

Darren Reynolds September 5, 2012

Does anyone know if there is a way when you right-click on a file and choose the “Send to Mail Recipient” and direct it to use Gmail, but without the need for downloading a client?

There was an article I found from Tina Sieber on here from 2008, but that used a client called gAttach, but that was dated back in Oct 2008. Just wondering if things have moved on and simplified.

Thanks in advance.

1. Darren Reynolds

Thanks peeps, I shall give Affixa a go :)

2. venkatp16

Better option is to use gmail drive option. It appears as a drive in your my computer and you just to drag and drop files in that drive. It will automatically send the files as mail to your account.

Hope this helps.

3. Joel Alar

Hi Darren, if you want to use your gmail account to send email you may try to manually configure your gmail account in outlook or any email client you installed in your pc. Every time you want to send a file through email your gmail account will be the default email account.

4. Kevin Fegan

The way the "Send to email ..." works, is that when you choose that (from Windows Explorer), or click " File-->Send-->Page/Link by e-mail", Windows forwards that request, along with the data, to the e-mail client that you defined within Windows as your default e-mail client.

So, in order to set things up so that those requests will open a browser window with a Gmail compose window, you will need some sort of client or application that will bring all those actions together.

I would check out the Affixa link that TIna provided in the other post here.

Darren,

gAttach has been re-branded to Affixa since I wrote the article. It still works the same, maybe even better. Let us know whether that works for you!

• Kelly Buchanan

Affixa works well.