Should I use Diigo or Xmarks for syncing bookmarks, what are the differences?

eltioska June 9, 2010

Seems I’m a bit late in the day, but so far I’ve kept out of the cycle of bookmark syncing and stuff. Now I suddenly find myself changing computers and browsers and I find the need for bookmark syncing. Which brings me to the question:

I’m in two minds between using Diigo and Xmarks. What’s the difference between them? If I understood correctly, Diigo is more of an online bookmarks-with-notes thing while Xmarks is more of a syncing service?

Second: are the toolbars strictly necessary? I kinda hate toolbars of any kind – I even have the taskbar hidden and avoid it like the plague.

P.S.: For the sake of completeness, I read these here on MakeUseOf. They’re somewhat related and, together with replies to this question, might provide a more complete picture for any future reader:

7 Reasons Diigo Tastes Better Than Delicious 7 Reasons Diigo Tastes Better Than Delicious 7 Reasons Diigo Tastes Better Than Delicious Read More

Syncing Bookmarks Between Firefox and Chrome?

How can I transfer my Firefox add-ons to a new computer?

Peace and harmony,
ska