Why does Digsby give login errors for Facebook and Hotmail?

Osama Javaid April 6, 2012

Digsby is a good IM client for PC, but I frequently get login errors for Facebook and Hotmail on it.

After installing it, for one or two days, it runs fine. After that I usually start getting login errors for Facebook or Hotmail. Although I approved the Digsby messenger in my Facebook account security settings. I set it to save my passwords too, but it happens frequently. What is the solution?

I used to use Digsby a while back, but I kept encountering the same types of issues so I finally dropped Digsby for Trillian.  Sometimes it is caused by changes in the web services, but I have also seen it when there haven't been changes to the services as well.  I have never encountered a persistent error with Trillian and have been using it daily for over a year.  The only time I get error messages about loss of contact in any form to the associated services it has been due to my ISP dropping my internet connection.

2. Babynology Babynames

I always use Digsby and never faced any single problem.
     Babynology .com

perhaps server address and port problem.

Fix for Digsby’s Facebook authentication error and broken Facebook support
    http://luckytoilet.wordpress.com/2012/01/26/fix-for-digsbys-broken-facebook-support/

• Osama

sometimes it's automatically fixed....then again it happens...

perhaps a bug is in Digsby or a problem in your windows.