What is the difference in using trial version antivirus and premium antivirus except the features?

Pwince Khan October 14, 2012

I’m using Kaspersky antivirus with 3 months trial. Just wondering if the protection it’s giving to my computer is less or same to the premium Kaspersky antivirus. Thanks!

1. kumar raja

In trial version u can only find virus in system with low protection and with premium U can have a lots of protection and Security to your system from net and others

2. dhanunjayarao chunduri

there is no deference in protection. But in the trail version it always reminds you it is a trail version and purchase the full version. When the trail completes you may purchase it or not but it can't renew the trail license.

3. Imesh Chandrasiri

you'll be having the antivirus working until the expiration date, but after that date, you'll be vulnerable to threats, virus guards ( some of them ) tend to shutoff some features. as well as you won't receive any updates too.

When using the premium your actually sure of what you're getting your PC into :)

When using trial you actually use it to make sure you'll get what you pay for :)

6. Sanjay Rajvanshi

it is the services and support which they provide to premium version , that makes all the difference , but some like AVG and Avasta etc free version are good .

7. DalSan Mack

Free version antivirus versus paid version would have protection differences, but usually not worth the money to get the full version. But free trial versus buying a license is much different. They want you to experience the full package so you can choose whether to purchase or not. Once the trial ends, usually it will still scan, but it will not clean any infections until you pay for a license or subscription.

• Gordon Scott

I'd never consider an AV that didn't disinfect for the reasons you mentioned after the trial expired. Bad ethics product in my mind as it will lead to infecting others.

• Pwince Khan

i never want to purchase :) all i wait for is giveaway from diffrent different websites :) but still have 52 days left for my trial version and my pc is working fine..

8. Yosef Maayan

Sometimes with antivirus the trial version may not protect against everything (e.g. Boot sector viruses) and registering will give full functionality. With some software registering also activates extra functions such as a spam filter or other anti malware. You are probably better off going to kaspersky's website and checking exactly what they say the benefits of purchasing and registering the full version are.

• Pwince Khan

yeah thanks. :)

some trial versions do not offer all the features of shareware version but read here
    http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/free-home-trials/anti-virus
    For a free trial version, enter your email address and we'll send you a download that will expire 30 days after you install it. When you're ready to purchase a full license, just click the Buy Now link in the product and purchase a license in our online Store.

• Pwince Khan

thanks for the link :)

10. Sana Ullah

The protection of Trail version are same ass of Premium version. The only difference is that it will stop getting virus signature updates from its server after the 3 month trial. And after the trail it surly will protect your computer - but protection can only be provided for outdated viruses.

• Pwince Khan

Thanks !

11. Drew Butler

Trial versions are normally full versions until the timer runs out. I checked the website to confirm and nothing stated the full features weren't available during trial... Someone else might know more, I don't use kaspersky.

• Pwince Khan

i dont use kaspersky too...but got 3 months trial and also dont want to buy antivirus...giveaways make my year go nicely :P
      i usually use avast free version. and comodo firewall

12. Gordon Scott

With Kaspersky (great choice btw) your not losing any features. Your as protected as your gonna get.

• Gordon Scott

as a followup..

Basically antivirus runs in 2 modes..background mode and on demand mode.
      Background is what you end up paying for..the antivirus runs in the background protecting you while your pc is running. After the trial expiration it wont run in the background and you'll have to manually launch the antivirus and have it scan your pc. As another poster mention, it wont auto update the virus definition files either. So you would be vulnerable to new threats when you dont have the latest signatures/definition files.

Top 3 antivirus programs are in my opinion
      Kaspersky
      Eset Nod32
      Fsecure

Coupled with a good Malware program you'll be well protected.
      DO NOT RUN multiple Antivirus programs at the same time.

Stay away from Symantec, Norton, McAfee. They are all bloated ineffective machine slowing crapola :)

No antivirus can protect you from a stupid user.

• Pwince Khan

Thanks for the info!! i sitll have 52 days left for the trial version to end..and my pc is smooth :)

Who says Norton is bloated software?

I am using Norton Internet Security since 2010 and it is the best antivirus I have ever used.

My Windows XP PC has not been affected by any virus in these 3 years because of Norton. And it DOES NOT SLOW DOWN YOUR PC.