Why is the dictionary feature not working on my iPad 2 after upgrading to iOS 6?

Shahbaz Minallah October 26, 2012

Since upgrading to iOS 6 the dictionary on my iPad 2 does not work. When I tap define, i get a message stating “no definition found” for any word. I also upgraded my iPhone at the same time as the iPad2, but do not have the same problem.

Any ideas?

1. Dino Pearsons

Make sure your iPad is connected to the Internet. Then try to define a word. When you tap define, it will download the dictionary you need and from then on, it should work.

• Shahab Khan

I am having the same problem ever since I tap define option appears and it says no dictionary found and start downloading dictionary but the problem is repeated again next time. I am connected to wi fi

• Young

I have a same problem. Cannot see the dictionary feature on my iPad. I do not know how to solve it.

2. Douglas Mutay

Did you check in your keyboard setting if all the features are On? if yes, and you still can't have the dictionary it might be because in iOS 6, your iPad learn your words and spellings and need to sync them to the cloud so they follow you between iOS devices connected to your account. So check it out also and keep us posted.