How can I disable my fans from posting links on my Facebook page?

Shaiya April 25, 2011

I want other users that liked my fan page not being able to post links in it. I don’t want them promoting other pages in my page. Please help me.

1. Muzzammilsultan

my fans coments on my postz are bolcked on my page ,,,,,, how can i unblock it ???? can anybody help me :))) ???

2. Amrit

Great Work, JAY you know u r a genius,
    From three days I was wondering how to do this, Your solution help me a lot.

@19f8a3caa20f06f29348236ce56428e2:disqus,  lol thanks for reminding me who I am  :D

3. Satish Kumar

tanxxxx

4. Fifiru

this isn't working for me

• Jay.0

Thank you all for your feedback,
      Hi Fifiru, which step you could not follow ?

5. Cristiano777ronaldo

Thank you!!!

6. Hudai

It worked! thanks

7. Guest

Thanks a lot! I had someone posting self-serving links on my Fan page. Thanks!

8. mimi

TY all really help me..some was sharing my page with wrong info about my work..but now i could stop him yay!! :D

9. Nina Bill

thank u very much!

Click on

edit page >> apps >> link - goto application >> Only allow admins to post links. >>

done view your page !

After clicking "edit page" , click on "apps" which is below "manage permission". and then follow the path witten above.

Dont uncheck any of the three check boxes there leave them by default.

tell me if you need the screen-shots, I think you wont need them.

Thats it
    @be5cae6b614eaa6020344fae1aea8efc:disqus
    you removed the link option!

just for info: removing link will stop sharing the links effectively, but still you cant stop them from sharing links :)

• Shaiya

Wow!! It worked!! Thanks a lot @6341a020e6230d52bb45ed86b3d6f042:disqus ! ^_________^

• Bob Emery

Thanks for that! I have another question for you, if you know:How can I disable the NON-FANS from publishing ANYTHING on my page?

I only want fans to publish stuff. Now, anybody can do it. Do you know how to do that?Thank you.

• Jay.0

Hi Bob, This question was asked before.

Facebook pages are open, you can restrict visibility by countries or languages.

You can't limit your content to fans only.

Create a closed or secret group for your page where you can share exclusive content.

If noon fans click "share", it's in your favor.
        They are promoting your page.
        And it will increase "people talking about".

If they copy paste and publish your content without mentioning the page, then it's a problem.

(This question was asked before)

• Fawn

Thanks, I just tried this and it says admins are the only ones able to post links.  But I get people posting links all the time who are not admins.  Do you know what this might not be working for me?  Thanks!

• Jay.0

I just checked your facebook page, and you have applied it correctly.
        Tested a makeuseof link on your page.

As I said in my old comment, you are just preventing detailed link sharing.

It will let others post links, but will not show a thumbnail/description unlike when admins do it.

See the difference between admin and others in the attached image.

• Fawn

Oh, that makes sense.  Thanks!  I contacted Help at Facebook and they actually corrected it for me so no postings with links can be seen on my page.  They're automatically deleted. I could only see yours because it came through on HootSuite at the same time it came through on Facebook and HootSuite apparently doesn't delete the messages deleted on FB. So it's all set up perfectly.  Thank you again!

• Fawn

• Jay.0

You are welcome, I Tried to test automatic deletion, never heard of it.how did you set it?
          As you said rest of the things are set up correctly.

• Neerajd122

thanks for the info dude, you were awesome

Well, facebook is really for sharing. You can't stop that.
    You can go to your page options and then manage permissions. Uncheck the box saying ' who likes this page can post content on the wall '. Now, your page fans can't post on the wall while they can share photos and videos.
    And the owner of the page you referred to doesn't allow the fans to post content on the wall. His fans can only share photos.

• Shaiya

I tired that but it disables the page fans to post anything (even photo/videos) on my wall. I tried it with another account. I just want the link to be removed.

@be5cae6b614eaa6020344fae1aea8efc:disqus Good new for you..I got the solution...and applied on my page also to test it successfully! just creating some screenshots... will post in next comment :)

Click on

done view your page !

Thats it
        you removed the link option!

12. Shaiya

Take a look at this page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drawing-Manga/268113398704
    That is what I meant by my question. Can you help me with this?

You can disable posting by fans, but they will still be able to post their links by comments.

14. Tharani Ranasinghe

Go to your fan page, then follow the steps stated below.
    Edit Page---->Manage Permissions
    There you will see a check box under Posting Ability saying Users can write or post content on the wall.
    Deselect that checkbox.

Now your fans will not be able to post links or write on you wall.

Hope this answers your question :)

• Shaiya

Thank you for answering.. but that's not what I meant.
      Other users can still post on my wall, photos & videos but not links.

• Nina Bill

how you disbaled the links? I'm also page admin and interested in this.

• Shaiya

I also don't know. I posted a question for the admin of the page I saw, but it seems the admin is not active anymore.