Why is my device not associated with an account when accessing Android Market through my phone?

Sunil October 9, 2011

On trying to download an application from Android Market, a dialog box displays that device not associated with account. I am using Android greater than 2.1 and have accessed App Center from phone. How to associate device with account?

1. Smayonak

I have heard of a similar issue with phones that have been disconnected from their provider. According to this source, Google (or the cellular provider, I'm unsure which) blocks access to the Marketplace to any phone that has canceled its data plan, for whatever reason. Considering that some tablets have market access is confusing to say the least, since they do not come with any kind of data plan (for the most part). In fact, Google has been known to sue tablet manufacturers who have included unauthorized access to the Android Market. Apparently, they have shown some preference toward 3G devices.

Anyway, one solution has been to download alternative market programs from such providers as Amazon Marketplace and, as Ha14 suggested, AndroidPit. I have a Android device that has been disconnected from the American Android Market but was able to access the Amazon Marketplace by taking the following steps:

1. Transferring the Amazon Marketplace .APK directly to the Android device using a USB connection.

http://amzn.to/getamazonappstore

2. Using the native file browser on my device to find and install the executable .APK installer.

However, your device may not have a file browser. Please let us know what your situation is. Good luck!

2. Sunil

hiI did the procedure of removing and re-setting mobile number via password recovery in Google account , but the number is not seen in market settings or account options of market ( of same Google profile ) though it is seen in password recovery options in Google account

3. Sunil

hi

I did the procedure of removing and re-setting mobile number via password recovery in Google account , but the number is not seen in market settings or account options of market ( of same Google profile ) though it is seen in password recovery options in Google account

Read here
    https://www.google.com/support/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?answer=1141080

Through your Google account controls, check that the correct phone number is entered for the account. request a password reminder SMS be sent to the handset. use the code that arrived by SMS to reset the password on your Google account.