How can I best destroy my HP DV2000 laptop with pre-installed Windows Vista?

Kathy November 24, 2010

What do you suggest I use to smash the crap out of it? That was ummm $800.00 that I might as well lit on fire and watched it burn.

1. ms.jackie l.

i hope my small laptop acer aspire one d250 nickname kiki stay a live for more one year.i might give my small laptop kiki 2 more chance maybe or maybe not.i might let my small laptop acer aspire one nickname kiki live or die.i have very hard decision to make now.i have to thinking it over to my self to make the decision let it live or die.i hope my small laptop acer aspire nickname kiki live one more year.i am pray to our god save my small laptop acer nickname kiki live one more year,i might save it or i might let it die.i dont know to it happene i hope not to make the hard decision now.i have to decide for my self want to do with my small laptop nickname kiki let it live or let it die.from ms.jackie l

• ms.jackie L.

i decide save my netbook acer aspire one d250 small laptop acer aspire one d250 nickname kiki.my small laptop acer aspire one d250 have 3 chance now.first chance got it fix 2 more time and second chance same thing and third chance same thing too,after third chance any thing go wrong with my small laptop acer aspire one d250 nickname kiki no more chance at all.i will let my small laptop acer aspire one d250 nickname kiki die.i will keep it for souvenir for reminder of my small laptop acer aspire one d250 nickname kiki was a live is working to it die,that it.from ms.jackie L.

2. ms.jackie lee

my first small laptop acer aspire one d250 nickname kiki.2.acer aspire series 5336-2524 big laptop nickname timothy.3.hp small laptop nickname tina. my firat laptop is very cute is ruby red laptop.i give my 3 laptop nickname 1 laptop nickname kiki 2,laptop timothy.3,laptop tina.some people give there car nickname too.i know fews people give nickname.i give my laptop nickname alrady.from ms.jackie l

3. ms.jackie lee

i have small laptop acer aspire one d250 nickname kiki in one year already.i hope my small laptop work one more year.i might give it 2 more chance maybe or i might let it die.i hope my small laptop nickname kiki a live long time long.i wait my small laptop acer nickname kiki die or i might try save it,i might not give my small laptop nickname kiki no chance not at all. i might let it die.i hope my small laptop kiki die maybe.depend how much money it cost got it fix.i have very hard decision to make now.right now is up to me make decision to make.i will felt bad my small laptop acer nickname kiki die.from ms.jackie l.

4. Laptop Jackie

my friend jean little laptop is dying,she formate it so many time.i think jean little laptop acer aspire one zs5 is not working,she will got it fix on sept 27,2011-tuesday  or sept 28,2011-wed she got her money,jean got her little laptop acer aspire one zs5 little laptop  nickname bebe got fix,jean should give her little laptop to her friend jackie,jean want to learn about laptop.jackie got a small laptop acer aspire one d250 nickname kiki.jackie is very interested learn how repair laptop.jackie got 2 laptop both laptop is very cute.ms.jackie l.like both of her laptop a lot.

5. ms.jackie lee

i like my small laptop a lot.i was thinking keep it  for a while.i want to know how could destory a live  laptop acer aspire one d250 rubyred netbook.i call netbook laptop small laptop acer aspire one d250 is very cute.i want to know if my small laptop is dying or drop dead is my small laptop how i could?i was thinking try hold on it after one year.maybe i might destory it or maybe not.how i could tell my small laptop die on me?

6. humbugmaster

what i would recommend is that you sell it on ebay or something of that sort.
    craigslist is very dangerous as people have been robbed and such, b/c craigslist gives all the contact info, including address, for everyone to see.

i think that you should sell it on ebay or amazon for 200 dollars, or dispose of it at an electronics recycling center, as that would be much better for the environment.

don't smash it...and if you really want a solid laptop, i'd recommend ASUS, as it has the best warranty programs around with laptops that are AMAZING for the price (all out entertainment).

i would also recommend doing your own research from now on.
    nowadays you can get really good laptops for $800.

if you want to keep your laptop, you can always get a cooling pad. that might help with your overheating problem.

7. Wiltu

My HP does get hot, but I put a USB Fan on and it runs now at a cool 125F, (Before the fan) 160 plus. I don't seem to have the other problems people complain about. Plus the OS didn't come with the computer.

8. ChrisR

this particular problem is well known to HP. The issue is the design where they attempted to use a common heat sink for the CPU, Wireless network chip, and video chip. HP officially acknowledges the issues with the dv2000 - dv4000 line of laptops, but has made it very clear to the comsumer public that they have no intention of doing anything about it. If it is under warranty, they will replace the 'guts' but the problem still remains, and will surface again. The flaw was never radified. Their new laptops appear to be quite capable, but it seems the reputation damage has been done and HP really failed the consumer on this issue.

Some people would buy your cheap for parts to keep theirs running a little longer, but there is not permanent fix. There are sites that show how to repair it, however, the heat still builds up and the same problems will reappear. It is possible, however, to continue fixing the thing until you can afford a new one.

I personally stay away from HP. At one time, they were very good, but once Compaq (or comcrap as it is often called) merged with them, they used their good name and compaq's crappy products. Nothing has really changed on that topic.

The 'affordable' good ones are Dell, Toshiba, Sony. The cheaper Asus seems to be doing a reliable job as well, but it is a cheaper built product. AVOID HP, Copaq (same company), and Gateway.

Have a good holiday season!

9. krish

hey you can do this if computer is not working rightly do a bench test by a computer engineer or a one who know to make up a computer. or you can buy cheap equipment and rebuild it or as last resort sell it as junk.

10. Matt

You obviously need to do your research, the operating system has nothing to do with the hardware. If your computer is junk, your computer is junk. If your software is bad....get new software! Gasp! It's easy to be ignorant and angry, but people can we please try to be knowledgeable and happy?

11. Marc

Sell it on craigslist. Make sure you let them know what the problems are... don't expect $800 ... sell it for a few hundred though and make SOME cash still that you can put toward a better lappy.

Just because you can't stand those problems doesn't mean that someone else might not be able to make use of it. Maybe someone needs something basic for a kid or other use. I sold a laptop that wouldn't even boot up a few years ago, the thing was a dinosaur, was up front about what it was and the problem and someone still ended up giving me $200 for it.

12. Osama

hey send ur laptop to me if you don't need it anymore. I am a video editor and needs a better PC

Well explain I will. I bought it from Best Buy and silly me my first mistake was asking the clerk in the computer dept. which laptop he would recomend. Please understand that it was before I realized that I should of done my research. Anyway, it was getting hot very hot. So hot you could not put it on your lap. Long story short HP support (I did not buy the warranty from Best Buy) could give a rats ass. Please understand that at that time this cost me somewhere between 7 and 800.00. About two years into this hot piece of junk I happened to go on a website that I frequent called http://theconsumerist.com. And there it was in black and white "the ceo of HP wants to know how you like your hp product" and gave his email address. Of course this was a joke on him. I then took the opportunity to send him and email telling him what I thought of the product. Couple of days later I get an email from hp asking me to call a customer service rep in the USA. They sent me a box and completely replaced the guts of the laptop. Appears there was a huge problem with this model. But, no one cared before I sent this email. How many consumers were stuck with this piece of crap? After I got it back from HP it was ok for awhile. Now the wireless won't work and it is soo slow to turn on if it turns on at all. I will never, never purchase anything else but a Mac. The point being is what about the cash I spent on this product and how much is my time worth? Hours and hours trying everything to fix this thing. I know how to get rid of the computer so I don't need recommendations for that. The point is my money is gone with no laptop.

Kathy,

I can understand your frustration!

Sadly, you can't do anything about it now. The money and the time have been wasted, you will not get it back. Don't waste anymore of it. Just let it go!

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
      Maya Angelou

14. Davenose

Install Mint 9 Fluxbox Instead. Its supported until 2013 and is FREE. It must be burned onto an install CD by downloading and opening the linuxmint-10-gnome-cd-i386.iso file with your burning software. It will also be a live CD that you can use to view and backup your hard drive (even when windows doesn't boot) onto a flash drive or other hard drive. Hope you did not trash the computer yet just because of the OS, davenose

Kathy,

maybe you could explain why you want to destroy the laptop? Is the hardware damaged? Do you hate Windows Vista that much? Is that laptop so terrible?

I would suggest to go another route.
    If the laptop still works, donate it and make someone else happy.
    If the hardware is damaged beyond use, dispose of it responsibly. Bring it to a facility that will recycle the electronics. It's much better for the environment.

Have a look at these articles:
    10 Websites That Help You Recycle Or Reuse Old Stuff & Protect Our Environment
    Top 10 Cool Uses For Old Computers And Laptops

• Sheila Fitch

I bought one also and I took the darn thing back and made them give me my money. HP and Vista just SUCK!!!