How do I get back my desktop icons in Fences?

Dennis Finegan March 6, 2010

I use a program called “Fences” to manage desktop icons. All of a sudden the icons inside the fences are missing. Other icons on the desktop and elsewhere are still there, including the ones that went missing. I sent “Fences” a help request a week ago but no answer has been forthcoming. Help.

You could right click on your desktop and click view > show desktop icons.
    You could also double-click your desktop to get the same effects.
    Lastly, I don't know if this works on vista and up, but you can also press the ESC key when on your desktop and get the same results as the above mentioned.

If you think that the icons are still in the desktop but moved somewhere in the screen, hidden, (just like what happened to me), how bout showing all your hidden files n' folder (on the folder options, cause maybe its just a virus or something) and checking auto-arrange icons on the right click menu on your desktop..

If all else fails, how about just re-installing fences, and see what happens?

2. Mayank

Double-Click Anywhere On Ur Desktop Area.
    Ur Icon Should Display Now.
    If Not, Then There's Some Problem With Ur Destop Icons.

For This Just Un-Install And Re-Install The Application "Fences" To See Whether That Works.

3. Varun Kashyap

"Other icons on the desktop and elsewhere are still there, including the ones that went missing"

This suggests you probably didn't add them to the "fence" properly. Either that or you need to give provide more info. Also, fences has a feature where double clicking on the desktop hides/unhides the desktop icons, make sure that is not catching you out!

4. Conor

Try double-clicking in the empty space on your desktop. I used to use Fences, but it got buggy on me when upgrading from the beta so I got rid of it.