Why do desktop favorites lag and lock up constantly?

LYNDA LOWE June 25, 2010

Busy circle keeps coming up when I click on desktop favorites. It’s all the time, sometimes items lock and have to put them on from start menu. Whats wrong? How do I sort it? I clean PC nearly every day.

1. teresa

mine is doing similar things & at times cpu is 100%. I am not sure how to fix that.Plus, I cant click on links not only in my browser(ie8,windows xp)in my files, or from emails. I can click a page link, that is, I guess a main type link or the 1st link,(?)not sure how to explain that. The links just keep trying to load and dont. Also, when I try to insert contacts to forward to others, that link doesnt work either. Ive managed add-ons,(browser with no add ons does the same things too), Ive checked the tabbed browse settings, got rid of my toolbar, done about all I can think of to troubleshoot, with no luck.Sometimes the page sits there,not even as if its hanging, but sits there for awhile and my mouse wont click as if its just dead. When a new window or tab does try to load, I cant get the properties or anything to come up as if like the mouse, its just dead, doesnt seem to be working at all even tho it tries or seems to be loading.Wierd! Help!

Teresa,

please post this as a new question. It will increase your chance of receiving help.

2. Shukejaya

A good software will serve its design purpose well, slim, no bugs and doesn't leak memory. It's not easy. You may try to try to right click on the 'Taskbar', click on 'Start Task Manager' and on Windows Task Manager window, click the 'Performance' tab. You will probably see your 'CPU Usage' or 'Memory' is practically 100% or both. You can click the 'Applications" tab to see if the application is running or not responding. Also, you can check the 'Processes' to see if any process is taking too much cpu time.