How can I recover my boot manager so I can boot Windows again?

Kamini Singh December 3, 2012

Hi friends,

I mistakenly managed to delete my boot manager last night and now I can’t get into the system. Every time I start my laptop it flashes this message:

Boot manager is missing.
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

Can you help me out?

Thanks!

1. Giggity Goebbels

Put the windows 7 dvd in,and then use the recovery options to get the bootmgr back

2. josemon maliakal
  3. Nicola De Ieso

What operating system do you have? Because for each operating system the procedure is lightly different

4. Usman Mubashir

copy-paste boot manager from a friend's computer to yours using a live disk

5. Shahbaz Amin

Unfortunately like mentioned before you'd have to use Windows disk or a recovery disk to fix this problem.
    I once deleted the small 100MB windows 7 recovery partition (thinking why would I need it!!) and then started having similar problem at boot...

6. dhanunjayarao chunduri

download wondershare live boot cd from the below link

http://download.wondershare.com/liveboot-downloader.exe

if u want a serial reply to this post with your email id.

Hello, do you have a repair disc for your operating system? Is this a desktop, laptop or netbook? If it is a netbook, you might need a USB DVD/CD drive or a version of repair disc in a flashdrive. Provided you have an installation disc for your operating system or a repair disc and an external USB DVD/CD you could try the following:

-- insert disc in tray
    -- restart computer and make sure to change boot order to start from CD/DVD
    -- once disc is started and shows the options, select command prompt and type the following:

bootrec.exe /fixboot
    and
    bootrec.exe /fixmbr

Make sure to leave a space between .exe and /. Once both steps are succesful, restart computer.

8. Rakesh Mishra

you can use windows cd to repair your windows

9. Ali Ehsan

Boot from windows installation Cd/DVD / USB, Once it booted click lower left corner Repair Your Computer,If you see installed windows in System recovery options select it. click next, you'll get a new window from where you should select first option Startup repair, normally it corrects booting problems, if doesn't , repeat the procedure in last procedure you have to select Command Prompt, there you will have to write these commands
    1- bootrec /fixmbr ( Resotres Master Boot Record )
    2- bootrec /fixboot ( Writes a new boot sector in system partition )
    Use this command only if above given commands didn't work for you
    3-
    bootsect /nt60 all

That's all :)

10. Douglas Mutay

Use your windows DVD or borrow one from a friend. Boot from it and use the repair option when the installation start.

Use your Windows disk to repair your Windows. It should replace the Boot Manager.

12. Qin Tang

You need a recover software to recover your deleted boot files to your root folder, the Power Data Recovery software is great, recommended, hope this can help you.

Boot from a live CD or flash drive with file recovery software and recover your boot manager then reboot.