How do I get my deleted Administrator account back in Windows 7?

Shashidhar Medi August 15, 2012

Hi,

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. I have deleted my Administrator password and now if I want to install something, it is asking for Administrator rights. So can anyone please guide me how to recover a deleted administrator account (not password) without formatting the system.

1. Jenia Garse

You can not get back the deleted password, but to reset a new one.

2. Arun Vishnu

restore your pc by finding the restore pont

3. Need help

How do you get your admin profile back after accidently getting factory default? Is it possible?! Please help me! I really want to get my admin profile back with the program installed and everything that was there.

• Naval Gupta

You can recover, only if you took data back-up. Else there may be some paid services available.

4. neeraj macky

how get administrator without recover the system

5. venkatp16

by default system wil create a admin account which can't be deleted. you might have deleted any other account. please check once or else try to do a system restore which will take the system to original state.

6. Raj

Sir, actualy nw i m also facing the same problem, when i try to manage my drive it s asking for admin permision, but i could not find yes option. Bz my built in admin acunt disabled, i knw its pswrd.. Bt how to enable my admin acount?

• Naval Gupta

Login using another account which has admin privileges and then enable the disabled account.

Hello, the following link will show you three different ways of accomplishing what you want. One of them(last one) does not apply to you but the first two do:

http://www.petri.co.il/enable-the-windows-7-administrator-account.htm

If you just want to install something try right clicking on the install file and selecting Run As Admin.
    Can you tell us what it is you want to install.

• Shashidhar Medi

I want to install Motorola pc suite.

9. Rizwan Saudagar

You cannot delete administrator account as it is default. Put enable in your administator which you get it henceforth.

• Shashidhar Medi

No we can delete. i did it.But i have created another account after deleting the administrator account.You said to enable it.Can you please tell me how to do it.

• Panji Hitam

how you delete it?

10. GrrGrrr

Windows 7 has a built-in Administrator account that has no password and is hidden by default. Like all other administrator accounts, it has full control of the system; for you to use it, however, it must be the only remaining administrator account, and you must start the computer in Safe Mode.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/171933/how_to_manage_users_in_windows_7.html

• art

hi I already tried doing that by opening it in safe mode with command prompt however when I try doing it again the default admin account is asking me for password which I didnt provide before.I tried providing a blank password but it would just inform me that my password is incorrect.could you pleasehelp me with it.Thanks...

11. ferdinan Sitohang

I am a little bit confused here you said "I have deleted my Administrator password" on the other hand you said "how to recover a deleted administrator account (not password)", which one is right? I suggest you to follow Bruce guidance if you just lost your administrator password.

• Shashidhar Medi

Thanks Ferdinand Sitohang for your reply.I have deleted administrator account.Now if i want to install any software i need an administrator rights.I have another account but i have not given administrator account to that account.So i want to know how to get deleted administrator account.

Actually, you cannot delete the Administrator account; the system will not let you. You can change or remove the password. If you know your way around the system, you can DISABLE the Administrator account or if you created a user account with Administrative access during the initial install, the built-in Administrator account will be disabled automatically. If the last user account with administrative access is deleted, the built-in Administrator account should be automatically enabled unless the machine is part of a Windows/AD Domain. If you still need access to the built-in administrator account, you will need to open an administrative command prompt (so you still need an administrative account and password) and type: net user administrator /active:yes. This will enable the built-in account. If you have merely remove the password to an administrator account, you just need to supply a blank password.

• Shashidhar Medi

ok i will try with it.thanks for your valuable information.

• Naval Gupta

Did you try this Shashidhar?

• sankhadwip sarker

By mistake I disable the built in administrator account. Now I can't enable the same. What is the procidure to restore the account.

While using an account that has Admin privileges or from Safe Mode, open up a command prompt window and type the following command:net user administrator /active:yesThat command will re-enable the built-in administrator account.