How can I delete an old website account without login details?

Lanie November 10, 2010

I have an account on a website called wannabehere.com. The account was opened when I was very young and I no longer have the eMail address or password. Every time a person searches for my name on Google, this stupid site comes up with very embarrassing information about me.

There is no contact information on the site and I have tried everything to get rid of it. Please can someone help me?

1. Lanielanie56

Hey Bellalicious, yes you can send it to removals@google.com and they will remove it if the owner of the page has removed or deleted the page or info on it.
    I also found a URL removal tool that can remove the links to the page.
    Let me know if you don't come rite.

• nat

Hi 
      Lanielanie56, I have the exact same problem. I have just emailed domains@asapventures.co.uk, so hopefully the page will be gone soon. What was the name of the URL removal tool that you used? 

2. Bellalicious23

Thanks Everyone i have the same problem and have been trying to delete this page for some time. with out any luck. i have just emailed google and the domains@asapventures.co.uk - is that the email you emailed for it?

3. Lanielanie56

Thanks again for the step in the rite direction.
    Just for interest sake I found a URL removal tool, which seems to help.
    All the best!

4. Lanielanie56

Hi once again, I contacted removals@google.com and the owner again and asked them to please remove it as it still comes up.
    Now if you Google my name then the site comes up with a short description but as soon as you enter the site it is blank. how do I get rid of the result?

Give it a few days to clear from the servers. But as I said, it may never disappear entirely. Good luck!

5. Lanielanie56

Hi,
    I went and had a look this morning and all the information is still there, how long do you think it will take, more or less.

6. Lanielanie56

Hi,
    Thanks for the advice guys, I managed to get hold of the owners of the Domain and they removed all the information for me. I see the information is still on the site but I know it will take a while to clear from Google history. rite?
    Regards

Lanie,

that is good news and glad it worked!

Yes, it will take a while for the information to disappear from search results.

Unfortunately, if it was on that site for long, the information may not disappear completely as it is probably also stored elsewhere, for example in the internet archive. However, someone would probably need to know where and what to search for.

7. Lanielanie56

Hi Tina,

Thank you so very much for your help!!!!!!
    I will let you know what happens.

8. Lanielanie56

Hi Tina,
    The web page is http://www.wannabehere.com
    I tried having a look but there is nothing and all it says:
    Fatal error: Smarty error: [in footer.inc.tpl line 19]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'var' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583) in /home/wannabehere/private/php/Smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095
    What do I do now???

Lanie,

just follow the link I provided. It's for the WhoIs registration information, i.e. it reveals who registered the domain, including their contact details (real world address and eMail address).

Lanie,

you may wanna try the contact information found on the site's Who.Is page:
    http://www.who.is/whois/wannabehere.com/

Scroll down to the bottom. It shows you who registered the domain and their contact details, including an eMail address. Let them know that the contact page on their website is broken and that you would like to have your account removed.

Let us know how it worked out. Good luck!

10. Jeremy

Simply contact the webmasters and have them remove the account. It may take a few months to clear from google search history though.

• Lanielanie56

Hi Jeremy, Where do I get that information?
      There is no contact details on the contact us page...

Thanks for your time.