How do I delete all text messages on my iPhone (Any iOS)?
Question by Kyle MacDonald /

My girlfriend and I send text messages all the time. She doesn’t have text messaging on her phone so she uses her email account and sends text to me by the XXXXXXXXX@txt.att.net. Every time I get a new message it comes up as a new “person”. So as you can see the messaging conversation gets pretty big. So I was wondering if there was a way to delete all my text messages in one shot instead of swiping the message then clicking delete over and over or edit clicking the red circle then delete over and over?

• 3knuppkids

use the tigertext application, it deletes itself based on the time frame you tell it to delete, mine is set to delete on read….it’s easy

• Miky_pi2000

I will delete from messege but when I want search some phone number like just I put 0 it’s come up all messege !!! How do I can delete plz !!!!

Miky,

if you are still seeking for a solution, I recommend you to ask a new question. It will be posted on the MakeUseOf Answers front page and will receive a response within a few hours.

• Gbouck

I know this is an old post, but Kyle, in the future, have your GF send texts to XXXXXXXXX@MMS.att.net instead of TXT. Then it will come to your phone displaying as her e-mail address and all subsequent texts will be in that same thread. I just recently discovered this myself. It’s been a LIFESAVER. I’m a System Administrator and I have e-mail alerts come to my phone all the time and it was just cluttering everything up horribly. So it’s been a huge space saver for me!

Hope this helps somebody!
    Gabe

Use a website to send free sms, may be it will display as the same person in your inbox.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-sites-to-send-free-text-messages-to-cell-phones-sms

From which country are you, choose a website that lets you send free sms.

• Mohitarora73

pls tell me how do i delete my text messages when delete option is nt working…?????

• Baci

Clear All SMS on Cydia exists and works like a charm! Download it > click the icon > bam phone restarts and SMS messages are gone.

thanks mike!

If you are using a Mac the easiest way I know of is using PhoneView (http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/)

For jailbroken iPhones there used to be an App called “Clear all SMS iPhone” on Cydia ~ I can’t confirm this since I don’t have any jailbroken device here.

Sorry, don’t know of any other method…

Still wondering, tho… Email-To-SMS usually sends messages from the same number [one conversation] with the senders Email address being the first thing within the text.

Maybe you should change your approach towards SMS “clutter”. Myself, I only keep messages I haven’t responded to or filed within a ToDo list. Everything else goes right into the trash. And I clear both, SMS/Conversations and Caller Log at least once a week.

• Kyle Macdonald

Thanks. I guess that I just need to delete them as I respond. I’m not using a Mac OS or jailbroken iPhone.