How can I delete a stubborn MP4 file?

adepu kamlakar October 6, 2011

I’m trying to delete a .mp4 file from my system, but it’s not deleting. I even tried to delete from Safe Mode and with the command prompt, but it’s not working. Please help me solve this!

Hello, unlocker is the best option, but you can also try fileassassin.  This small program similar to unlocker is incorporated into the malwarebytes software.  You can find it under other More Tools in the Malwarebytes menu.  If you do not have Malwarebytes you can even download the portable version in the following link:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/fileassassin

What error message do you get? An unlocker will only release the object from memory, if it's not active then you'll want to use a file shredder instead. 

File shredders are used to make the deletion permanent, so that recovery softwares can not recover it..

save a ms word document with some text...open it..and try to delete it normally...then with a shredder.
      and then with the unlocker.

• Jeff Fabish

Without an error, I'm not sure how you know which one is best. An unlocker isn't going to perform any mirricles, it's just going to kill associations of the file in memory, if restarting in safe mode didn't help that then I wouldn't count on that being the problem. 

not claiming any miracles,
          just trying to say a shredder is a shredder and an unlocker is an unlocker.
          Hope it makes sense.

• Jeff Fabish

That's a difficult concept to wrap my simple mind around, I'm to a-stoopid to understand. You're such a sophisticated individual. 

unlocker is the answer to your question.

http://unlocker.en.softonic.com/