How can I delete a program that won’t uninstall?
Question by Paul /

Does Windows have a program where you can force delete software that wont uninstall?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

• Wayne Urton

IO Bit (makers of Advanced Systems Care) also has a nice uninstaller in their free toolbox.

you can try to uninstal in safe mode.

—Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWARE and find the folder for the application. Delete the folder.
    —To remove the application entry from Add/Remove Programs (if present) open regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall and find the folder for the application. Delete the folder.
    —Some applications have Services attached to them. If this is the case, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetServices, locate and delete the service
    —navigate to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWindows
    and delete the entry.

Go with Revo Uninstaller. Select the Hunter Mode and point it to the shorctut or the executable file of the program. Usually worked for me without any issues.

• Sicarius

Iobit Advanced System Care has a very good uninstall program- both regular and forced, and it will also go through and delete registry entries and logs, removing all traces of the program. Advanced System care is a great program with autocare and great system management and clean-up tools.

• Rl_core22

Revo Uninstaller

Hello, you could try Revo Uninstaller in Hunter Mode to try and delete the program.  Go to this link and look under Uninstallers:

• Jeff Fabish

See our list of uninstallers

No, only one option is left: manually delete the folders and files of the program,
    FIrst delte program files and application data folder, or wherever you stored the file.
    For example if it is winamp.
    Search “winamp” on your pc.
    Delete the files from the search result that you think are of that osftware,
    it may make your pc to display some errors.
    Run ccleaner or tuneup utility maintenance.

If any file refuses to delete, use unlockr.
    Else delete the files after next restart of your pc.
    The software will be removed completely.

Which software it is by the way ?
    You can also repair or update the software if you want keep using it, but removing because of any inabilities or problems or by the software.

• Steve

I’ve been using Revo Uninstaller for years. It’s free and works great!

ok, I did not had any idea, that uninstaller softwares do exist ! I will surely use them if I will face such situation.
      But may be these software do what I explained in my comment.
      Because uninstalling is nothing else but removing everything from the computer related to the software.
      Removing data from program files, registry, and system folders.
      But they will surely save your time by doing this automatically. :)