How can I delete some but not all of the photos on my Macbook?
Question by stephen Arum /

I’m using my old Mac Book and since it retains my old photos, when I add photos every nite, it seems I’ve used up the available space. I think the most obvious place to delete material is from the 5000 photos in my aperture trash BUT some of them look as if they might be ones that I need to check to make sure they are duplicates. Some, though, I’m sure I can send to trash BUT it is not possible so far as I’ve tried to send only some of the 5000 to the trash; it seems as if it’s an ll or nothing proposition.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , .
Smartphone Photography
Smartphone Photography
Photography Tips
Photography Tips
Mac OS X & Software
Mac OS X & Software
Graphic Design
Graphic Design
Mac Troubleshooting
Mac Troubleshooting
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion

• Vivek Kumar Yadav

Use the duplicate finder to shrink the folder into more manageable size. Afterwards you might shift through the photos to see if there are ones you don’t want anymore, or things that aren’t supposed to be there. My friend once accidentally copied his video folder into his image folder, inflating the size. That folder is buried under many other photo folders so she found that when she was investigating what had eaten so much space in her hard disk.

• Sashritha Peiris

try gemini for finding duplicates

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

• Dino Pearsons

Gemini is a great duplicate finder, and you can get it free now if you tweet about the new MacHeist:

http://macheist.com/lootblast

• Boni Oloff

Try to use PhotoSweeper. I want to say, it is the best photo duplicate finder.
    Just check it.

• Jim Chambers

Archive them on an external HDD and delete them off your Mac book

• Siddhant Chaurasia

You can use this app to check for picture duplicates

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/22724/dupeguru-picture-edition