How do I delete the photo library that my computer dumped onto my new iPhone?
Question by Jodi /

When I upgraded to the iPhone 4, with the first sync, iPhoto placed my entire photo library (6000+ pictures) onto my iPhone including pics that were stored on my computer and had been taken by any device (phone, camera, computer, etc). Now, under my photos in iPhone I have those taken by my phone (camera roll), a “last 12 months” album, and a “photo library” album with the 6010 pics in it. I want to delete this album from my phone but keep the camera roll (the pics I’ve actually taken with this phone). Any help?

• TomH7259

1) On my PC desktop, I right clicked and created a new folder. I named it “Empty folder”.
    2) I plugged in my phone to computer, opened iTunes.
    3) Clicked on my phone on the left
    4) Clicked on “photos” on the top
    5) Clicked the box “Sync Photos with”
    6) Choose the dropdown and “choose folder”
    7) Click “desktop” option
    8) Click on the folder that you created and named whatever you named it.
    9) Click “apply/sync”

Caution, In doing so, it deletes all the albums on your phone EXCEPT Camera Roll. If you want to get your “Last 12 Months” Album back, then again click on the drop down, and choose that folder only. Then resync, and that album only will be transferred back to your phone.
    Hope this helps you.

• Louwra Preyser

Like most of the comments before I think you should check to make sure photos are not automatically syncing to your phone. If they are unselect the photos/folder you don’t want on your phone and apply those settings.

• Shaiden Hutchman

If you simply want to wipe all the photos off of your phone, all you have to do is plug it into iTunes, navigate to the Photos tab in your phone panel, and specify an empty folder to be synced with your phone.

Cheers. =]

• yurixiong

You can try Syncios. It is a file manager for iPod, iPhone and iPad. It enables you to delete or to export images, videos, transfer local images between iPod/iPhone/iPad and PC.
    http://www.syncios.com/

• PacoSf

in iTunes with you phone hooked up, “control + click” on you phone in the left column of iTunes.
    –Choose “BACKUP” (this creates a separate restorable backup which you can verify under iTunes –>preferences—>Devices. (it will have the current date + [iphone name] NOTE: this is different than sync’ing and yes I learned this the hard way)

–After backup, then restorre you phone
    –it will ask you to choose a backup, which you just made.
    and your phone will be wiped and cleared probably the fastest way there is w/ 6000 photos?
    don’t use this method if you depend on jaillbreak or unlock.

• Noah Watson

In Itunes, with your phone connected, go to the ‘photos’ tab and uncheck whatever photos you do not want on your phone. Then simply re sync and you are good!

• cd9ea21e8e5ccf1b9b8b411cc5913d2f

Connect your phone, open iTunes, click on your iPhone on the “Devices” section on the left, go to the “Photos” tab and uncheck the albums that you want to get rid of.

• muotechguy

Open iTunes with your phone plugged in, select the phone from the devices list on the sidebar, click the Photos tab, and adjust which photos get synced (or disable the whole lot).

• ferdinan Sitohang

you can find a guidance in http://www.ehow.com/how_5564459_delete-multiple-photos-iphone.html and for you, i suggest when you synchronizing your iphone with your PC unchecked for the photo related. It will synchronized all exclude your photo.