How do I delete a master password I created in my PC BIOS and forgot?

Sissel P May 28, 2014

How do I delete a master password I created in my BIOS, in my PC, and forgot?

1. Octavia Schroeder

Log in to Safe Mode and you should be able to change the Admin password unless your operating system is Windows is XP Pro

• Bruce E

OP is referring to a BIOS password, not Windows.

2. Cody

Once I paid like $3 on ebay and they gave me a master password.. I couldn't find it anywhere. & The manufacturer wouldn't help me, I bought it used.

3. Sabrina D

If it's a natoebook, there a master passwords. Here's a little list o them:

http://www.schure-shb.de/was-man-wei/hardware/bios-master-passwoerter.HTML

If they don't work, you can call the manufacturer of the notebook, there's often a trick to do a hard-reset.

For a PC, just remove the bios battery for a minute, but don'tfrget to remove the power cord.
    Or you can set the Jumper "Clear CMOS". For this, have a look at your mainboard manual. There you can see how to setthe jumper.

Hope it help's ;)

4. Lokesh

Remove your CMOS battery in the CPU Cabin.... and insert again after 10 minutes... Sure it will clear password and date time settings...

5. audie

With many new laptops, the passwords are chip based, so removing the battery will have no effect. Killing the Bios battery only resets the hardware settings to default but do not remove the password.

6. FJQ

Kill BIOS battery

7. Muhammad Uzair F

You can't remove the Master password by removing the cell. It is only good for the administrator password but not for the Master password

8. Badr Eddin Tahir

Try CMOS Cleaner .

9. Matt S

If you have a desktop you can remove the CMOS battery (a small, circular battery, like that in a watch) or adjust a reset jumper switch (see your motherboard manual).

On a laptop, well...that's a bit more difficult. You could call the manufacturer to see if you can grab a backdoor password, though they may not be willing to give out that information. You could also try a cracker like KillCMOS, though I've never had to resort to this personally.

maybe to reset cmos battery?

amer memory card password pore gace

• joy21