How can I delete mail in Windows Live Mail online, but keep copies of the mail on my laptop?

Vernon July 23, 2011

I use Windows Live Mail with Windows 7.

I would like to delete all the online mail, but keep all the mail on my mail client. When I try to delete online mail, it deletes the equal mail from client side.

All 3 of the questions below are really the same quetions. Just wanted to cover my bases.

1) How can I delete online mail and keep equal mail on my laptop?

2)How can I create an un-synced folder?

3) How can I copy my input mail folder to an un-synced folder?

Thanks…Vernon

Vernon,

did the solution ha14 suggested work for you? Please keep us updated. Thank you!

Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced. Uncheck: Leave a copy of messages on the server

Click on the Menus button to the left of the Help button and check the Menu Bar. or right-click on the account then go to "properties" then "advanced" and its on there

Email clients like WLM do this by default if you are using POP mail

An IMAP account does NOT remove messages from the server when you view them in your email client. That's not how IMAP works.
    If you want to remove them from the mail server then you have to either delete them, or MOVE them to a local storage folder.
    You will then need to issue the purge command to remove them from the server.