How can I delete an incomplete AP download from the iPad?

Ann June 11, 2011

When I tried to download an AP from the “AP store” it never finished and I can not delete it in the normal fashion (hold down until icons jiggle then click the. x). Do you know a work around for this?

1. Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

In iTunes with your iPad connected, go to your iPad (click on the devices name) and go to the Apps tab, find the troublesome app delete it from there. Then on the list to the left make sure you keep it unchecked so that it doesn't sync back to your iPad.

If you downloaded this app through the iPad and you really want it, I recommend you download it through the iTunes app store. But before you do you should make sure you have deleted the app using the iPhone Explorer (it works with the iPad too): http://www.macroplant.com/iphoneexplorer/ if your app is still listed there just do a hard delete, download app from iTunes App store and sync.

• Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

Apparently I also forgot to mention a very easy way to delete you app. In iTunes, below you should see on the left side menu at the very top a section called Library and a subsection for it call Apps. Click on it, find the problematic app, right click it and select Delete. Download it again through the iTunes App Store.

Unfortunately unfinished downloads are pushed to the user by the iTunes App Store. Unless you finished downloading it once it will always come back as an available download. It's one of the features (or bugs) within the system.

You may want to try restarting your iPad and then removing it. Or if possible try downloading it within iTunes on your computer.

If this doesn't work it's usually a good idea to write to the iTunes support asking them for help. They'll usually react within 24 hous removing all unfinished downloads and tell you whatever else is necessary (instructions).