Is there a way to delete all Facebook wall posts with one click?

Jacqueline February 1, 2011

According to MakeUseOf’s ‘Unofficial Guide to Facebook Privacy The (Very) Unofficial Facebook Privacy Guide [PDF] The (Very) Unofficial Facebook Privacy Guide [PDF] Read More ‘, when deleting a Facebook account, many people recommend deleting all personal info, photos, messages, wall posts, etc. beforehand.

There appears to be no way to delete Wall Posts all at once, other than to delete each post one-by-one. Any suggestions?

1. Nick Brown

Hey guys
    I want to recommend you

2. Blagojce Karafilovski

I deactivated my facebook acoount but Facebook said me you must into login in your facebook,with your email address and pasword.I ask how deleted facebook forever.I do not facebook.The Facebook is not social network,conect people,Facebook is the biggest hackers and legaly.

3. sarfraj
  4. DominicanBabii

yu can bookmark one of yur walpost & then delete all of them at once - reply if yu need help :)

• dex

can you tell me how to delete all my wallposts please? thanks

• honk honk

What? How? Please explain!

5. Someone Cold

The only way is the Exfoliate app.

6. AnonUser002

I tried deleting everything on my Facebook account one post at a time and Facebook disabled my wall feed. I only got to early 2011 (I had been an active FB user since 2008) when my wall suddenly said " There are no more posts to show." I think FB is trying to preserve my data and prevent me from deleting all of it. Bastards.

7. Sanchezborings

Some one please help me, i accidently posted on my Facebook wall a picture meant for my husbands eyes only , my Android will not let me delete, why? How do i do this?

Mostly,Facebook doesn't allow you to perform deleting tasks on a mobile device.If you want to remove or change the visibility you have to perform it using a computer.

Click on the link below to know how to do it -

8. Deya

You should download this app in th Android Market: exfoliate for facebook

It works perfectly and it will even delete posts on your friends' wall.

9. Deya

10. Cocodog50

You cant exactly delete them put you can hide them from others seening them.

11. John Frost

It works
    Facesofware deleted all my  old statues
    Great tool

• Jack Cola

I've used this tool before, it's very useful - I just don't really trust how it works.

12. JAcky Kennedy

i tried everything, from macro to Face Software, currently , the best option is a website using a bookmarklet app>  its working for me right now ( 26th deleted post and still rollin' )

• dex

i can't figure out how to use fb wall cleaner. first step Click & drag bookmarklet “Fb Wall Cleaner” to your bookmark toolbar. but where is this bookmarklet located in order to drag it? thanks for your help.

The bookmarklet is available in the first step itself i.e. if you drag the words - Fb Wall Cleaner to your bookmark toobar it will be added to it and then you can proceed with next steps.

• dexf

thank you susendeep!

13. Ohio

Yes you can do that and a lot more using

14. Dave

I use facesoftware to delete messages from my wall

15. Face Software

Facebook is the social network with most users worldwide, with more
    than 800 million active users. But to be able to stay in touch with all
    the changes that occur over the social network it is necessary to resort
    to the browser unless you have a program like Face Software.
    One of the first things that surprises most users of Face Software is the large amount of additional options that it offers, because it implements many of the options that the users have been asking for years in Facebook.
    Among the noteworthy options that Face Software offers you can find:
    Management of multiple accounts.Download photographs from your wall or that of a friend.Eliminate tags, that will allow you to easily eliminate unwanted tags.Autoscan, to locate all the contents that you have written and all your “I like”.Eliminate all the photographs from an account.Find out who has eliminated you as a friend.And a lot more...
    Therefore, if you want to have a lot more control over your Facebook account, you only have to download Face Software.
    The trial version has many options deactivated.

There’s an App called Exfoliate, available on Android phones, that can
    delete everything you’ve posted on friends’ walls, including comments
    and likes, as well as your own wall. It cleans out photo galleries too.
    You can set the age of stuff you want deleted too. Search for Exfoliate
    in the Android Marketplace to find it.

17. Mkkkkkkkk
  18. Gigi

There is a way, a script that clicks and delete your posts on your behalf.
    They did it here :

19. Guest

I wrote a tool to help with this exact problem. Check out and sign up for the beta if you are interested. It not only deletes posts from your page, but it will delete your posts from your friends pages, along with comments or likes you may have made on others' posts.

20. rock23

Hello mate,
    i had recently made some comments on wall posts of various facebook pages.. But now when i made a google search in my name, searches were returned which could take anyone straight to those pages where i had posted those comments.. I have in fb set 'search for me' to 'friends of friends' .. but still people can find my profile by clicking on my profile name on those comments of mine.. This is absolutely ridiculous.. Google also has all those pages cached where i posted comments, so now i have to delete all those comments of mine on various pages and then use google's webmaster tool to get google recrawl through those pages so that my name is no longer related to those posts and so it won't pop up in searches..
    But some of comments made by others still have my name in the form of '@myname' .. I asked the page admins to delete such comments but they seem to be deaf..

Tell me what should i do now.. I always kept all my privacy settings quite tight but still my profile can be found in this manner.. Google also tells me that some facebook page owners let their pages be crawled or monitored by google.. So anyone who posts a comment on any of their updates(posts) of such pages, link to that webpage which has his comment will be shown in google search results..

Isn't this a violation of privacy which fb says it maintains a strict policy on it????? My family can find my facebook profile owing to those comments i posted , even when i have my public search settings narrowed down to the least.. help help help

I recommend that you ask a new question.

• Chuck

you're fat

I think the only way for you to get rid of those comments on the walls
      of other people is to close/delete your Facebook account. I can't say
      this with 100% certainty but I am pretty sure I read this somewhere. I
      suggest you ask this as a new question on MakeUseOf Answers,

• Jack Cola

Make sure you follow my instructions that I provided in the link that is in one of my comments above if you want to delete and start over your facebook account from scratch.

• Nickrippy

It does not work,  if you ever reload your facebook even years from now,  everything you once had posted on your wall or anybody elses is still there for everybody to see.   If I open a new email to get a new facebook account and add the same friends I can see my old comments from my old account still on them!

• Jack Cola

Hmm. Are you sure you are "Deleting" your account, not "deactivating" - because what you are describing sounds like you are just "Deactivating" your Facebook account. Your Facebook account doesn't get deleted straight away - you have a 14 day cooling off period - one log in, and it resets.

If what are you are saying is correct, they FB has a serious bug - and this would be proof that FB isn't deleting posts like they said, in which they could get in a lot of trouble for.

first recommend imacros for Firefox. You can install the plugin

There is a macro for this job:

How To Delete All Facebook Groups And Wall Posts From Facebook Using Imacros

Get it from here

macro for removing fan pages (only thing u have to change in macro is USERID):

TAB T=1
    TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=HREF:/social_graph.php?node_id=USERID&filter=fanned
    TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:UIObjectListing_Title
    TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:RemoveMefromFans

Hi Jacqueline,
    I too wanted to delete all my Facebook wall posts and comments. There is only one way to do this, and I have described it here:

That being said, even if you do delete things, I am 99% positive, FB will have an archived version of it. It probably won't be linked in anyway, but it will still be there. Everything that you write online will be copied and stored in someway. For example, if I delete this comment tomorrow, it will be still out there as DISQUS will have emailed a copy of it to everyone who wants email notifications.

Just like in Facebook. Everyone who writes on my wall, or comments on something I have previously commented on, will be emailed to me, so I will always have a recorded. I have been in some situations, where someone has written something, then deleted it to stop people reading it. I say, too late, I have a email copy of it.

But I suggest following the instructions in my link I provided, as it's a quick and easily way to delete all your comments and wall posts

• Filipino Fair

Thank you I finally feel free of Facebook...Google+ I am yours

• Jack Cola

• nobody

from the frying pan to the fire. good luck.

23. Danny Reyes

No, but you can delete or cancel your account, and create a new one, or just contact with a facebook rep. they will be happy to assist you! :)
    -Personal Experience!

how did you get in touch with a Facebook representative? As far as I know there is no way to send a real message to Facebook, let go directly contact someone. How did you do it?

I only noticed that after searching for a question several times, then indicating that none of the answers provided in the help section were useful, and describing my problem again via a very unpersonal little feedback box, it somehow got fixed.

So yes, there are people that screen that stuff, but you can never get in touch with them. Or can you?

• Jahroom505

• Milagro16

How do you get ahold of a Facebook rep?

24. Angela Alcorn

Hi Jacqueline,

Sadly, there's only the one-by-one approach to removing wall posts (so far). You might be able to try a browser extension like iMacros to make the repetitive process quicker.

That said, the people who suggest removing every single post before getting the account deleted are being extremely vigilant about their removal. Facebook (at the moment) does say that these wall posts are permanently deleted when your account is deleted. This is unlike your photos, where they remain in the system in some way, yet disconnected to your account.

So, if you do trust Facebook to delete it when they say they will, your normal deletion request will remove all these wall posts for you. This is usually sufficient for most people. The people mentioned who remove all their wall posts first are extremely untrusting of Facebook and don't believe Facebook will delete them forever from the system, so they do it themselves first. I don't know if this is your stance too, but if it's not then you might save yourself some trouble by knowing Facebook do intend to delete them all when your account is deleted.

I hope this helps!

Ange (the person who wrote the MakeUseOf 'Unofficial Guide to Facebook Privacy' you mentioned).