How can I delete an old Facebook account when my email was not registered with it?

Srinivas Kummarasetti February 18, 2012

More than a year back I tried to create my Facebook account, filled out the form and created an account. I logged off only to realize that I do not have access to it anymore.

My email address somehow is not tagged to that account. I try to do a recover password and the system says that the account does not exist. How can I delete that old account?

1. Jennifer C

Unable to log on to my Facebook account. Profile was messed up need to sign up afresh.

2. crazygirllove

I have made old accounts in the past out of boredom.. Little did I know now everytime I look up my name on fb, thers like five different accounts in my name that I have no idea what passwords or e-mail adresses I used for them. How do I delete all of these accounts without actually logging into them?

3. brian

i forgot my password an when i try to do reset it says to choose a num. or email so i pik the only thing listed my phone but it acts like i didnt pik any thing i check the little box next to my num an it dont work?wat can i do?

4. hetal

Me to n i dont know how

5. Srini

I finally got my old accounts deleted after I kept on sending facebook to delete my old accounts. They might have realized that I do not have access to the email or to that account.

• WantToDelete

How did you get Facebook to delete your old account if you do not have access to the emails associated with the account?
      I have been trying for a week and my old account is still there.:(

How long did it take them to delete the accounts?

• Srini

Patience my fellow facebookers. It took them I would say about 3 - 4 months and constant nagging to delete my old account about once a week!!

6. Ben Hoskyns

I had the same problem, didn't realise that my account was not registered and now can't get on to it, I have reported it as an old account but what will happen now?

7. Tisha ball

I changed servers and lost my emial & facebook

8. Gabriella

How can I contact facebook?, because I want to delete my old facebook account and the sad thing is I forgot my password and e-mail in my old facebook account..I tried to report it and clicked that was my old account but it isn't working..How can I report it to facebook or to contact facebook so that I can delete my old facebook account..Please help me so that my friends that want to add me as their friend they can add me to active account now..Thank you very much :)

9. precious obene

i want to delete my old account

• Gabriella

Me too and I dont know how..:(

10. David

I dont remember my facebook id and mail address I want to delete my account and make a new one, How can I do this. Or I want to be able to get in my old account but I dont remember the password or Id.

11. Lee

I'd contact Facebook support and ask them what went wrong. The only problem with this is that you'd need to identify yourself as the owner of the account, so you'll probably have to give them everything you can about the info you typed in to the profile. Even then it might be hard to identify yourself, but it can't hurt to send them an email and see what they say.

12. Srinivas Kummarasetti

I would say that it is Facebook account creation issue. I got the email which says I need to confirm to activate the account. But when I tried to accept it would not accept the code and also it said that an account is not associated with that email. Well, hello, I recently created an account about a month back and I can still see all three of my old accounts created about an year ago.

if you dont have the exact email then will be difficult to convince facebook that that account is yours. Try to contact facebook and give them as much info possible.

14. Jay.0

Why is your email is not tagged to the account ?
    you mistyped or used any other email ?
    Try to find out the what can that email can be.
    Well, without the email you cant access the account.
    (mobile number and username are two other options, only if you have set them up)

You can report it as your old account.
    go to the profile and click block/report.
    select "this is my old account"
    select cancel/recover.
    (There are options to report as fake account also)

similar questions :

• Karen Deichman

Thank you! I have tried to use facebook two other times and was interrupted by real life. I couldn't access the old ones but I didn't care. Then one of my adult offspring asked, "What if someone tries to send you a message and it goes the one of the old accounts that you never check?" When they were children I was glad I had them because they were so cute. Now I'm glad, because they are so smart.