How can I delete an old Facebook account without deleting a company account it is linked to?

xx September 14, 2012

I am trying to delete an old Facebook account and found that it’s somehow linked to my company account. They had different emails and I didn’t link them on my end. I am not able to delete one without deleting them both. Has anyone heard of this problem? Can anyone help?

1. melchor intano

how to delete my facebook account my password is already change....i dont know who will used my account they change my password

Permanently delete Facebook account -

http://www.facebook.com/help/224562897555674

3. Pradhum

i suggest to remove your self from your company as admin first then remove the account you want but i thing you have to make new personal account before you can go back as admin of the company page

4. Dimal Chandrasiri

if you are referring to a page/group thing, there is one way. transfer the adminship to another person. after that, remove your self from that page/group as a member. After doing this, you'll still be able to delete your FB account without affecting the desired page/group. :)

• xx

When you all say to transfer admin, please indicate the STEPS to do this.

There is NO WHERE to do this that I can find.

• Dimal Chandrasiri

dude, click the downward arrow on the top right corner and click the page ( if u want to add an admin to a page ) then go to edit page in the top middle, then select admin roles. add a new admin! :P

if it's a group, go to the group within your admin account, click on the members list, then your'll see all the members. search the new profile you want to make the admin, click the icon next to the profile ( don't know what that icon is called, bt I'm pretty sue u'll find it. :) ) and a list will appear to make the person the admin. then remove your self as the admin. Delete your account! :D done! hope you got it this time!

• xx

Thank you for the steps. I do get it this time!

5. akang pungchui

i wnt to cls my old accnt n i make a new acnt...........

• Dimal Chandrasiri

make the new account, then link the your pages/groups to it. ( put your new profile as a admin ) then delete your old account. simple as that! :)

6. xx

Over the years I have accumulated a couple personal fb accounts and I have a business and I have a brand page for that too. One day I find that my brand page is linked with an unused and forgotten personal account. Of course different emails were used when I signed up for them.

I see that of the 2 linked accounts, the personal account (the one I want to delete) is the one with access to account settings while the other one doesn't. I can access both accounts with the Home button on the upper left side. When I click on that it has 'use face book as' and shows the other account. There is only one account setting so it applies to both accounts. I've tried deleted my account and lose both. It's not a big deal to lose a personal account because it's easily recreated but the brand account has fans that I can't get back.

What other info do you need? Anyone knows what I can do? Of course fb doesn't get back to you with any help.

7. HLJonnalagadda

Yes. You can set another account to be the admin associated with that, and then delete the account. Is straightforward.

• xx

Can you give the steps to do that?

8. Ahmed Khalil

9. Saurav Azad

please make it clear whether your company page is linked with your's .
    if so you can remove yourself as admin and assign an admin to the company page and delete your account

• Ahmed Khalil

Yes, because he is considered as admin of his page so when he try to delete this page Face book will remove his information too which still linked to his company acount

No two Facebook accounts can be linked so no two different email ids can exist for same account.Kindly,elaborate your question so as to get quick and better help.

11. Erlis Dhima

You mean your company page... What do you mean??
    If it is for page, then it's needed that the page has another admin.. Remove yourself as an admin of this page, and than delete your account!