How can I delete old contacts in Yahoo Mail?
Question by Ray /

I use Yahoo Mail as my primary mail. There are old e-mail addresses for some of my contacts that do not show up and I would like to delete them.

Any ideas on how this can be done?

• Julez

Please help. I have been trying to delete some contacts in my Yahoo mail for quite sometime now. I have more then 1000 contacts. Everytime I click ‘contacts’, it shows me the ‘waiting to upload sign’. I waited for hours and leave it overnight, it still shows the same. None of the email address shows.. it stays blank. Please help.

• Oron

First of all, try to use a different browser (e.g. if you normally use Chrome, try using Internet Explorer). If this solves the problem, try deleting the cache (temporary internet files and cookies) in your main browser.

• Rem375

i have delected contacts but theys till keep show  up in yahoo address

• RayInLV

Sorry if I was not clear.   There are old e-mail addresses under one of my contacts that I can not get to display so that I can delete them.   I have even gone so far as to delete the contact, then re-add it.   

The old ones that I did not re-enter, re appear.My contact list is not that big.  The Contact is My Daughter, so it’s not like this makes any sense.  I know how to delete e-mail addresses from a contact in Yahoo Mail I also know how to delete the entire contact.My thought is there is a contact out there that does not show up on the list…  I have a memory of one years ago, but can not remember exactly what the name was.

I even exported the contacts and looked for the bad ones using Edit/Search…

Oh well…

Hello, are the old email addresses similar to the one shown in the deleted contact?  If they are you could try the following:

— navigate to contacts page
      — click on deleted contacts
      — click on the Actions button
      — select fix duplicates

Of course this only would work if it is same email address.  Have you tried printing all your contacts to see everyone of them?  Maybe if you print them, you can search them by email address instead of name

— navigate to contacts page
      — click on Actions button
      — select Print all
      — hopefully it shows you old email addresses there
      — search and delete them

• RayInLV

Yes they are the same type.

I went to deleted contacts, it says I have none.

Funny, today when I went to edit her Contacts page, they were showing.  So I deleted them and for the moment it seems like they are gone.  

May be Yahoo was listening to you guys…. 

• Jay.0

Sorry,I did not get your question.
    Do you want to remove email addresses from your contacts that are not showing up ?
    but then what’s the meaning of doing it ?

go to yahooo mail >contacts

Now scroll and find, or type in the search box and find them.
    Once you click a contact, you will see the delete option on the right.