Why does date and time randomly change on my laptop?

eduardo December 30, 2011

I have an ASUS laptop and every now and then the date and time changes. I have replaced the CMOS battery, and even with the new battery it still happens. Sometimes it happens frequently, and sometimes it does not happen for a month or two. Does anybody have any idea why this might happen?

Hello, if the one server is giving you trouble, you can use the instructions given before to set the time server to another option.  Just click on the down arrow beside the default server you have now and it will provide you with more options.  Once that is done, just update the time.  Has this been happening for a while?  Do you have an always on internet connection?  If it still happens after changig the CMOS battery then that only leaves the syncronization option.

Yeh, I have the same problem in the UK. Every 6 months I lose an hour, then another 6 months later I gain it back again. Pesky summertime!

Seriously though, ha14s advice about syncing with an internet time server should work wonders ;)

Control panel --> Date and time --> choose internet time tab --> click synchronize with internet time and then update now button. Your date & time will be reset with internet according your location

try this (windows):

Double click on the time in taskbar.make sure you have set the correct time zone.click on internet timecheck automatically synchronize with a server option.and click ok.this may solve this problem.