How do I customize MakeUseOf news mailings so that I only receive the info I want?

Xoandre July 13, 2011

I’d like to know if MakeUseOf could possibly make their news mail modular, so that we could select categories that apply only to us? More directly, I have no interest whatsoever in anything related to Mac, Apple, iPhone, iPad, iTunes etc. because I would never even consider using them and am getting to the point of being offended when people presume I use those products or are interested in getting them…

Xoandre,

I second James, you may subscribe to individual categories. Windows is one of them but there are several others (check sidebar where it says 'MakeUseOf Articles')

Not possible with the newsletter, however you might want to consider subscribing the rss feeds of individual categories by appending /rss to the archive URLs, such as http://www.makeuseof.com/service/windows/feed/rss/ - that'll give you only the windows stories, avoiding those pesky mac fanboys ;)

3. Saikat Basu

Hi Xoandre,
    I wish what you are asking could be implemented in an uncomplicated way. But with our readership in six figures, it would be difficult to manage because of the diversity of our readership. Technologically it is very much possible; but just consider that there are readers who use cross-platform apps.A large swathe of readers today use mobile apps along with the desktop ones. Then there are the web apps which we are quite heavy on. Newsletter segmentation becomes quite a problem as there are no clear-cut demarcations in many cases. If we had just a few categories it would have been dead easy to implement. Right now we haven't worked around these problems, but it's not to say that we can't in the future.

• sushil kumar

but can you make a new rss for geeky fun,hot deals etc. because read rss on my mobile if i miss one day to read rss then rss of makeuseof crosses 50 articles.so my mobile can not show all posts.if you made all articles with new rss then its easy to read all post daily