Is there a way to customise MakeUseOf’s RSS feed?

Lisa September 13, 2011

I love subscribing to your RSS feed, you always have amazing articles. But… (yep, there’s a but) I don’t want all of it and I find it challenging to wade through it each day. It’d be great if i could customise the feed a bit.

Two examples: I live in the UK so I don’t want to see the Hot Tech Deals and I’m humourless so I’d prefer to not have the latest hilarious picks. Can this be done?

Thanks!

Hi Lisa .Totally understand. This isn't something we can really publish as a feature for anyone to use, as it requires I look up the IDs of those particular category of articles, however since you asked so nicely, for your specific case this should work:

http://www.makeuseof.com/feed/?cat=-3664,-89

That removes latest geeky fun (-89) and hot tech deals (-3664). 

RSS feeds are delivered from Google FeedBurner in a process known as aggregation. They deliver this content to RSS Readers in mass and (currently) does not support modification of specific feeds via URL.

However, if MakeUseOf were to implement separate feeds such as an independent feed for General Articles, "Technology Explained", "Deals/Give Aways", Games, Answers, Geeky Fun, etc. then you could subscribe to them selectively.