Why is my cursor jumping around randomly while I type?

Raj Bikkani April 11, 2011

While typing my courser goes to back and forth. Example if I am typing line no 5 the courser suddenly jumps to line 3 like that.

1. Mars Venus

I read to install the Elantech touchpad driver (I got it off of the Dell website), it has solved the problem completely.

2. Paul Gee

sorry but this old chestnut that it is caused by the accidentally thumbing the touchpad is just that. I have had this problem with a Tosh R500 notebook for a year or more and it is not helped by swithching off the touchpad. Many others find the same. What it IS is another matter :-) A Windows keystroke gremlin?

• ENVIROTECH92

DOWN LOAD TOUCH FREEZE ITS FREE

Raj,

were you able to fix your jumping cursor? Please let us know in case you need more help. Thank you!

Raj,

are you typing on a laptop and / or is there a touchpad? Maybe you hit the touchpad with your hands will typing. Just turn off the touchpad and the cursor should stop jumping around.

Also check out the answers to the following questions:
    Why does my mouse randomly jump to corners of my screen?
    Touchpad makes cursor jump to unexplained areas, how can I stop that?
    Why are all these strange typos happening?