What does Crystal Disk info’s warning “CAUTION” mean?

Suvadeep P September 7, 2014

I am using HP Pavilion DV6 6165TX Entertainment Notebook PC.

Recently I was feeling that my laptop has become little slow. So in order to check the HDD health status I downloaded Crystal Disk Info 6.2.1 x64 and found that “CAUTION” is written under Health Status.

When I hover the mouse over the Health Status Section I can see this warning:

“CAUTION [05] REALLOCATED SECTOR COUNT: 1507520”

Unfortunately I cannot upload any screenshot. Some help will be really appreciable.

Thanks.

1. Suvadeep P

Thanks all but as I have told earlier the problem has been solved by reducing the value of reallocated sector..

hi okay, but i think Generally, the value acknowlege problems occured previously and reducing the error counter to confirm that the problem is fixed and you would like to be notified about new problems, this is why check Current Pending Sector if it is okay also to check if such sector need to verified if it's usable or not .

Sectors are reallocated when they've gone bad (a hardware fault on the drive). Modern drives are built with spare sectors precisely for this purpose, but a large number of reallocated sectors indicates that there is a more serious problem with the drive and it is likely to fail soon. Your drive is in that situation. This is also likely to contribute to the slowness of your PC.
    In short, it's time to replace your drive before it fails catastrophically.

3. Suvadeep P

I think I have got the solution by reducing the value of [05] Reallocated Sectors Count to 0 and finally the health status shows Good.

what Current Pending Sector is telling you in Crystal Disk info

4. Suvadeep P

i can understand that there is a bad sector but Is there any solution?

it can be a bad sector on hdd
    http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/manual-en/HealthStatus.html
    For example, the "Reallocated Sectors Count" attribute's normalized value decreases as the count of reallocated sectors increases. In this case, the attribute's raw value will often indicate the actual count of sectors that were reallocated, although vendors are in no way required to adhere to this convention
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.