How can I crop a YouTube video using Splicd?

Uma Abraham May 13, 2010

I followed the procedure mentioned in the post 10 More Cool Things You Can Do With YouTube Videos 10 More Cool Things You Can Do With YouTube Videos While YouTube remains a staple for viewing video clips, there are a number of other things you can do with it. Here are 10 YouTube hacks that will make your viewing experience even more enjoyable... Read More , but the final URL provided to share is not the cropped version. How do I get this corrected?

1. Uma Abraham

Steve,

Thanks for the post. I guess I am on the right track. This post gives options to view videos from XXmYYs but we have to do it manually right? Is there an option to crop the video and then upload it in YouTube? Or is there an option in YouTube to crop the video?

Uma,

To crop the video you will need to use some kind of video editing tool. If you're a Windows user then there is a Windows Movie Maker (comes with Windows).

If you have never used WMM before then check out following MakeUseOf reviews:

1. Media Cope – An All In One Media Player, Cutter & Converter

2. VideoToolbox: Free Powerful Video Editor Online

• Uma Abraham

Aibek,

Thanks for the information. I have WMM but all the video's in my laptop are in VLC format and WMM requires some other format. How can I change the format of the video's?

Hi Uma

Your videos can't be in VLC format they are just associated with VLC player (meaning that Windows assigned VLC to be default program to open them). Now to check the format of the video you need to right click on the video file and select Properties and see what says in brackets under 'Type of file'.

Once you figure out the format of the video you need to use one of the above mentioned video converters to converts the video into one of the formats supported by Windows Movie Maker.

Windows Movie Maker supports .WMV/.ASF, .MPG (MPEG-1), .AVI (DV-AVI), .WMA, .WAV, and .MP3. Furthermore, the Vista Home Premium and Ultimate editions of Movie Maker also support MPEG-2, DVR-MS formats.

2. Steve Campbell

Uma,

Check out this post to see if you can alter the URL manually:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-youtube-url-tricks-you-should-know-about/