After creating a .GIF image, how to I copy and paste it?

Anonymous January 14, 2014

I’ve made an animated .GIF image, but how do I copy and paste it elsewhere? Where I do this, only the first frame shows, not the whole .GIF. What’s wrong?

I assume your question is about animated GIFs (sorry, but you didn't actually say that!). An animated GIF is an ordinary file like any other document, and you can copy & paste it, or move the file etc just as with a JPEG, a word document or anything else.

All that said, some programs don't display animated GIFS properly. They just show the first frame, so make sure you're testing it with a program that supports GIF animation. Most web browsers, as well as some graphics programs (e.g. IrfanView) do.

• psco2007

I specified animated gif in the first sentence of my question.

I've followed the tutorial and when trying o past in an email, only the first pic shows and is unanimated.

• Oron J

Sorry Anonymous, somehow blanked over the word "animated"... It's likely that your email program doesn't support GIF animation, at least in composition mode but you can test this hypothesis by inserting the GIF from disc. If your GIF is on the hard drive, use the "insert picture" method to add it to your email (details vary from one email client to another, but most have an icon on the toolbar for the purpose, while others have the option in the Insert menu). If the GIF is still not showing as animated, email it to yourself and see if it displays correctly. If not, it's a problem with the email client (or the GIF!). If it does, then it's just how the GIF displays during composition.

copy and paste it elsewhere? where exactly

How to Copy and Paste Animated GIFs
    http://www.ehow.com/how_8488096_copy-paste-animated-gifs.html