When I create a new wordpress database, do I need to create a new table and what do I enter?

Emmanuel April 4, 2010

Dear Jeffry,

thank you for your texts. I like your style of writing; short and clear. I do agree with your opinion that experience is good teacher. Therefore, I tried to build my own local wordpress blog. However, I did not succeed yet and as you wrote “if you have any problems, leave a comment and we’ll see if we can help”. I send you my question.

Question Re: How To Install WordPress Blog Locally On Your PC

In the “Create New Database”-box, I put “wordpress”, and then clicked “Create”. So far, so good, but then I was asked: “Create new table on database wordpress”
Name: ………
Number of fields: ………

What and do I have to fill in?

Waiting for your answer,
Emmanuel.

1. Swapan Pradhan

The installer does the needful process, i don't think create tables come across from anyway.
    Right me if i am wrong.

2. Taty

Yes, I am a bit puzzled as to why it has asked you to create tables too. You should be able to create a database without specifying the tables.

Yes, WordPress auto installer should handle installation for you automatically but as far as I am aware it shouldn't ask you to create tables (name, fields etc). I have installed WordPress several times and never remeber seeing anything like that.

Could you take a screenshot of the screen and share it with us here.

I agree; you don't have to fill in anything, WordPress will do that for you in the next step.

Hi Emmanuel,

Jeffry's here.

About your question, you don't have to fill in anything. Let WordPress do that. Just continue to the next step of installing WordPress.