Why can I not create a Windows partition from 7 GB of free space on my hard drive?

sahil December 30, 2010

I wanted to uninstall Ubuntu from my Windows XP computer That’s why I deleted the partition in which it was installed, but when I am trying to get back the space I am not able to do so.

See this picture to get a clear view. I have combined all the things in one pic.

There is an unallocated space of 8 MB as well.
Please help, I want my 7 GB back!

1. Balosatom

Try to use partition assistant, it may help you create partition after wipe your target partition permanently. Its free partition manager can accomplish it for you without charge and efficiently.

2. Sahil Dave

this question was published too late...i have reinstalled xp now :(

As the error message suggests you should look into Event Log (Start > Run "eventmgr.msc" without the quotes of course). The error should be either in System or Application protocol.

If the message in there doesn't help you any further please post the message AND the Event-ID here.

4. Realism51

Reset your main partition size by modifying it and it will allow you to absorb the unallocated 7 gigs