How can I create a wall chart with different photos?

Anita Copens November 27, 2010

I am a martial artist and I would love to create a step by step wall chart using different photos of my teacher showing how to perform an 18 step qiqong form to hang up at the school so we can look at it and practice. I would like it to be a color wall chart with arrows on it to show the students which direction to move and the ability to add text.
Thank you for your help,
Anita
I have been searching on the web for days and cannot find anything.

Anita,

I think the best way to do this is to do it yourself. Take the pictures you need with a high resolution digital camera, then download them to your computer and make your own posters.

To create your poster you can use any graphics program, e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, GIMP (free), or even Microsoft Office Powerpoint. You just need to be able to set the page dimensions to the size poster you want to print, then paste your photos, add the arrows and comments you want in the poster, then export to PDF or whichever file format is required, and take it to a print shop.

Find out where to print first! You need to know what poster dimensions they offer, what file format they want, how you can submit the file, and what it will cost. Sometimes universities have printer pools and offer great prices. That's where I used to print my posters.

I would love to see the result!

• Jessica Cam W.

Yes, doing it yourself would probably be the best.

If you aren't familiar with image editing though, Picnik at http://www.picnik.com/app might be a good bet. You don't even have to register (but it might help if you want to upload many photos at a time). You can choose to make a collage (which I just tried and it displays tooltips all over the buttons to easily guide you). You can upload photos from Facebook, other photo-sharing sites or your computer. Then, when you're done uploading & positioning your pictures, you'll get to the Create tab, where you can add Stickers, and under Basic Shapes, there are two arrow shapes you can resize, move around, and add as many as you want by clicking again on the respective shapes. It's probably the easiest image editor you can try, but of course, GIMP, Photoshop, and the others that Tina mentioned let you customize your photos a LOT more as they offer dozens of filters, effects and options.
      If you have enough ink, you could try printing it out with Rasterbator, a free program which is also available for use online.