How do you create new stationery on Outlook 2010?
Question by Andrea /

Someone more computer savvy than myself wants to design his own stationery to use as background for mass eMails. He has used it in previous Outlooks, but can’t find out how to do it in 2010. Website is not helping. I said I would try to find someone who might be able to help.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

• Mutual Propane

Actually if you just go in and compose a new mail, create the theme the way you want it to look and then select option, themes, save current theme.  Name it and it will even put it in the proper folder by default.

• Joyce And Paul

Tried that by sending a file using the template (html) that I wanted and tried to save it as theme but when I went to try and create a new E-Mail with the theme it still says there are no Themes. I read one place that the “Theme” feature was an upgrade to Outlook.

• Daisy

It may interest you to know that to get all features that everyone has come to expect in Outlook on the 2010 package you would need to buy office 2010 and Outlook 2010 as one suite. Although I bought my packages on the same day at PC world they were individual packages and I too found Outlook had no themes installed. When I researched the problem I found this to be the case and PC phoned Microsoft and they confirmed it. PC world uninstalled Office and Outlook and reinstalled it from the same suite, but only because I had purchased both packages at the same time and was ill advised by PC world when making the purchase otherwise they won’t do it. I still haven’t found a way of saving background as new stationery, it used to be so simple with the old Outlook, but maybe that is another thing you can’t do now.

• Guest

I have a similar problem. On my old PC (Outlook 2003) I used a stationery by default. Now on my new machine with Outlook 2010 although I have set my emails to html, Outlook reports no themes installed. Any ideas?

The question you replied to is rather old. If you do not receive an answer here, I recommend posting a new question!

• Joyce And Paul

As to both Crash Over ride and Guest: HTML file is in the correct directory but Guest is correct; it does not allow selection as it says Themes not installed.

• Crash over ride

The actual correct way to do this  is to click file new email.  Create your template the way you want it. and click file save as oulook template.

The correct directory for windows 7 is
    click start
    In the search box type run , this will open another box like a search box paste in the info below.

C:UsersYOURUSERNAMEAppDataRoamingMicrosoftTemplates

Put your name where your user name is

• zero27

Just place the HTML files and images from your stationary on the system folder “%appdata%microsoftstationery” (paste it at the Run dialog on Windows Vista or 7 to find it) and it should be available to choose from Outlook.

• Daniel Mittleman

the link above doesn’t address the question Andrea (and now I) have. That link shows how to access existing themes and how to change fonts. I want to create my own new personal theme and then add it to the list of available themes. How do I do that?

Hi Andrea,

Did you manage to create the stationery?

Aibek

• karlbu

You didn’t read the original email carefully. He wants to create a NEW theme, not apply an existing theme.