Can I create my own social networking site?
Question by Ava Smith /

I want to create my own social network site where users can call friends and share data with them?

• Khwezi

I want 2 create my own social network

• Tyson

You can create a social networking.Its obviously going to start with a website thats not advanced.But your website can make lots of money if you are creative and find ways to make money like using goole adsense or making deals with shops or companies to advertise their shit so they can pay you alot.I’m creating a website and im using dreamwiever cs5 and everything is perfect on my website.Everything is working well.So creating a social networking site is not a waste of time if you have a great plan to get more users on your site and a great plan to make lots of money for your website.Then your not wasting time and youlll be making lots of money.

• aditya singh

dear
    sir
    what is the process to create my social-networking just like facebook and other

• Sandy

Don’t bother yourself. Crating a next Facebook has become almost impossible. Do it only if you have something extraordinary than Facebook. It took years to build Facebook. Please remember the bottom line Do it only if you have something extraordinary?

At the same time it has be something that Facebook can not integrate on their own platform. It is because they will simply play around and then there wont be any difference between you and facebook.

• Sibudar

Hey there to each and everyone who can hear me i realy need your help i want to create my own web site.social network so please help me ive been trying thise thing and other internet for years but i doesn’t work for me i dont know what wrong with me so any one please hook me up.

• iPad Apps Development

I have found some suggestions for this Elgg. Regarding validations on Compose messages , Sent Message List, Inbox. Error handling could be carried out finely. It i am keeping all fields blanks then it directly took me to Dashboard rather than it shouldnt take me to any other page. Everything looks nice.

• Olivier

Hmm. Don’t do it. You will waste your time.

if you have time and financial support then go for it, some starts small and finish big, others go down, you have to bring something that its not out there to have a fast greater impact.

Honestly, if you have to ask how to start your own social network I think you shouldn’t even bother with it…

Current social networks took years to development, more years to reach their current state [of functionality] and a lot of money.

For your needs I think Jeffs suggestion of Skype was spot on. It’s available for almost all platforms, it has the functionality you need and more importantly it is working and doesn’t cost you any money or time [in development].

• Jeff Fabish

Hi Ava,

I think that service already exists, it’s called Skype. Only kiddin’! 

If you want to start your own social network, start with building sites as nobody starts off writing amazing applications. Learn a few web development languages, HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP are mandatory and learn how web servers work. Once you’ve conquored HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP and are familiar with how web servers work, post back and I can guide you from there.

Alternatively, you can half ass it and use a social network builder such as Social Go, Kick Apps, Ning and Crowd Vine.In short, if you want to create something original you’ll need to write your own code. Get familiar with web hosting, web servers and programming. Would you like some resources to begin learning a few languages? 

– Jeff

• Andrew

Hey Jeff, what if you liked my social network idea, implemented my aesthetic and operational ideas to the platform and received an ownership percentage in return or some type of compensation? Note – my concept is very simple and it is in fact positively distinct from other tangentially related websites.  Hint – I am a lawyer.

• Andrew

• Andrew

If you are considering it, I mean creating a network that transcends PHPFox – something that is actually simple, yet original, user friendly and modern.  PHPFox is pretty whack, I’ve tried that myself.

• Jeff Fabish

Andrew,

I prefer not to develop by commission, you’ll find that any developers you may decide to hire on will also dislike that idea.

I’m currently absorbed in projects of my own. However, you can post your project idea on a freelance website such as Freelancer, iFreeLance or eLance. You’ll want to add specifications that the developer must meet, such as previous work with social networks, PHP/ASP and SEO.

– Jeff