How can I create a short animation video?

John January 26, 2011

I want to ask how would I be able to create an animation video with someone with no previous knowledge of animation? Is there a certain guide on creating such content? And is there any requirements for such activity, such as requiring some skills or having previous knowledge of some kind?

1. Jadeoooo

Go animate :)

• mzmiyah

Thats what i did too. :0 add me amy.toote <3

Hi John,

Did you go through above recommended links? Which one you decided to use? Let us know.

3. pceasies

A great way to get into basic animation is to check out Pivot Stickfigure Animator.

It's extremely easy to use and you can make some pretty complicated animations as you get the hang of it. To add additional content you can download packages from and add them to your projects.

Here's an example video:

4. brittgow

My students love to use Pivot ( to create animations. A Year 7 student produced this video on Forces in Science class:

The best and the easiest video animation I have seen until now is Animoto. Check it out. No previous knowledge required.

How To Make A Video Tribute With Animoto

2 Impressive Alternatives To Animoto That Will Help You Make Slick Home Videos

6. Richard Carpenter

I like Muvizu, it is painfully easy and quick.

• John

You can go different ways to accomplish this. There are a few sites online where you can do basic animation and you do not need to have animation experience. You can pick backgrounds, text, music, etc. to make a short video and then send it to your friends. You do not need any experience just point and click:

There is also this basic freeware program where you can use pictures to make animation:,-Cheap,-Animated-Cartoon-in-10-Minutes/ --step by step instructions.

For making animations with a high learning curve you can use free programs like the gimp and blender. The gimp can be a replacement for photoshop anyday. You can almost do the same things. Blender is a really advance program where with practice and time you can even create your own games, designs, etc.

Here is a video about making an animation with movie maker:

• John