How do I create a script to log into my router and disable WiFi by double-clicking an icon?

Chinmay S June 1, 2014

How do I turn off WiFi on just double clicking an icon on the desktop? Everyday I have to go to 192.168.1.1 and then uncheck ‘Enable Wireless’ and finally click Submit. I do this everyday multiple times. When I type 192.168.1.1 it opens a box which requires me to enter User and Pass. This all takes a lot of time. I want to create a script which on double click does just that.

Based on the IP address, I would guess you are doing this on your router. In that case, you should be able to make the change once and save the configuration in the router. If this is constantly being reset, you have another problem here.

As far as scripting, you should be able to establish the secure connection to the router using PowerShell. In order to change the setting itself, you would need to get a network trace using WireShark or a similar tool to find out what is happening to make the change in the first place, then you could send the appropriate commands to the router via HTTP(S).