How can I create playlists based on how often a I listen to a song?

Lynn September 18, 2011

Besides iTunes, are there any other ways to make playlists based on my frequency counts of how many times I listen to songs in my music library whether I use a PC or a MAC?

1. Mjevolve

if you are using Windows Media Player 11 , its really easy .
    >just click on the top right , where it says -- Create New Playlist .
    >then click on - Auto Playlist .
    >in the dialog box that opens and where it says - Click Here to Add Criteria , click and scroll down where it says -- Play Count .
    now just specify how do you want the player to identify most played counts as .
    whether all time , weekly or monthly ...
    ( in the further options you can specify any more options if you want to ... like Genre and all that ....or else just leave it ... ) 
    >click OK and you are done .
    >the most played songs according to your criteria will keep on adding as you keep using the player .

Happy Listening ... 

• Themusicdoc

Thank you very much. Your idea was the one idea that I have actually found to work, I just wondered if I was missing some other methods. Do you use this also?

• Mjevolve

sorry for the late reply ...

yes i do use it very often ! 
        creating a playlist as to what suits my mood and my needs ! 

and the playlists are not just restricted for use in the Windows Media Player , but you can play the songs of that playlist in any media player of your choice .
        most common ones support the WMP playlist format !

and glad it worked for you ..  :)

open winamp >> media library (alt+l) >> most played >>select al >>press enter >>save playlist (ctrl+s).

worked for me.

• Themusicdoc

I'm not certain I understand these instructions so I will give it a go and get back to you...thanks for helping me, really appreciate your time.

Once you open winamp media library, you will have an option to arrange your songs by play count, so you can select songs according to how many times you have played the songs...there will be a column called play count

https://s-hphotos-ash4.fbcdn.net/322589_236947386352431_174922759221561_575696_17666154_o.jpg
        here is the screen shot
        but it will start monitoring items after you add media to library
        and start playing songs !
        enjoy
        (this is an old version of winamp, i never update it 5.04)
        so now uou can create playlist by selecting tracks from library according to play count, once you get them into play list by eneque a song or play directly, you can save the list as playlist !

3. Josh Fox

Some modern music library programs have smart playlists that let you set a certain criteria that bumps a song onto the play list. Some examples would be if a song has been played "X" times, it will be on the playlist. Songbird is really good at doing this.

• themusicdoc

Thanks, that is really great, I'm going to give it a try! I'll let you know...