How can I create a photo blog using a WordPress template without installing WordPres on my domain?

Sommy October 16, 2011

I have a website based on WordPress. I want to have a photo blog on my domain and host without installing WordPress. Could I make a page in my dashboard with a theme and customize it? How?

Notice: I don’t want to use HTML theme in that page, I want to use WordPress theme. Thanks a lot!

thanks for your answer.but u know it's better to don't install another wordpress.host storage is my problem and so...........
    could u please suggest a photoblog plugin for wp(wordpress)?

An additional install is minimal overhead, and certainly not a storage concern considering youre going to be uploading photos. If you want to use a custom theme for the photoblog, this is the only option. 

Plugins - NGGallery is a good photogallery plugin, but I'm afraid I dont know of any specific 'photoblogging' plugins, since anyone who wants a photoblog generally has a specific theme and uses the entire wp install - at least with the photoblog as the main function, and regualr posts as a subfunction of that.

I think I understand what you want to do here - you want to add photoblog functionality to your website as a subpage of your main site, but using a separate wordpress theme?

No, sorry, you cant do that. You can make a template for that page, just search for "custom templates wordpress", but you certainly cant assign a wordpress theme to an individual page. You will need to code it yourself using PHP and CSS if you choose to do it like that. 

If you you were to create a subfolder and host the photoblog in there, it would be outside of wordpress and there would be absolutely no way of using a wordpress theme. 

I dont understand why you dont just install another wordpress though - or just install a phptoblog plugin and customize the way its displayed.