How do I create a html document on Wix?

null September 11, 2010

I just read this article How To Create a Professional-Looking Flash Website For Free How To Create A Professional-Looking Flash Website For Free How To Create A Professional-Looking Flash Website For Free Read More . It says to create a html document and inside the body tags imbed the code.

I am totally new to all of this. I have just bought a domain name in the last week. Can anyone tell me how I do the above? Thanks!

You are referring to the hack Jack describes at the bottom of his article.

Well, creating a new html page is simple. Open a text editor and save the file as .html, i.e. you change the file extension from .txt to .html and that's all.

The body tags are just tags that tell the browser where the main part of the website begins. You type to open the main part and you type to close that part.

What Jack means with copying the code between the body tags is that you open a page you created on Wix - either you look at the source code in your browser or you can view the code in Wix - then you copy the code situated between the body tags and copy it into your own html document.

Your own html document in turn can be uploaded to wherever your website is hosted. The idea is to get away from Wix, but still take your work with you.

• Meg

Hi Tina, thanks a million for the help! I'm a total newbie to all this...so forgive my next question if its got a really obvious answer! ...where do i look on the wix page to view the code? (I've got notepad++ to edit the code in)

and also, when i put the code in and upload it to where my site is hosted - will people will be able to view all pages i've made? i.e. not just the home page.

Many thanks again for the help!!

Meg,

I'm not familiar with Wix, so I can't tell you where to look right now. If nobody gets back to you on this I might have an answer for you later.

As for your second question, if you have other pages than the index.html and those other pages are linked to from the index.html, you might have to update these links to point to your domain. In any case, you should test the website yourself once you uploaded it. Generally, people should be able to view all pages you uploaded, i.e. all pages you created.