How can I create my own font from my handwriting in Windows?

Jonathan Mould January 18, 2011

I recently installed a font and noticed the file contained the sentance the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. If I write this on a piece of paper and scan it on to my computer, can I create my own font?

Hey Jonathan,

Did you manage to create your won fonts after all? Did you check the recommendations above? Let us know.

I havn't created a font yet as i am very busy with exams but i did look at the links. Your fonts is no longer free unfortunately so you might want to update your review but i've printed out the My script font sheet and just need to scan it back in. I will hopefully have that done next week. thanks for the good recommendations

still Jonathan here, i've created a disqus account since posting this question

cool, let us know how it goes.

2. Saikat Basu

Also, check out this cool and stylish website - PilotHandwriting

Jonathan,

you're in luck, this has been covered on MakeUseOf and there are several tools available online. Check out the following articles:

Create A Font From Your Own Handwriting and Use It To Send Emails
    How To Create Your Own Fonts & Characters on Windows

YourFonts: Creating Fonts Online From You Own Handwriting
    FontCapture: Turn Your Handwriting into Font For Free

Does this answer your question? Please let us know. And if you succeed in creating your own font, please show!