How can I create a fingerprint scan mod on my iPod?

Felipe April 25, 2011

Does anyone know of a way to get from Cydia or somthing to get a mod where you can slide then have a fingerprint scan to get into your iPod? It doesn’t have to be real, just for show.

1. Spencer Neitzke

If I am understanding correctly you want a real fingerprint scanner which is not possible with the Apple technology. But if you would like to make it seem like you are actually scanning your finger and impress your friend their are some fake fingerprint scanners that use certain tricks to allow you to unlock them. Search cydia or the app store for Fingerprint Scanner and most of all of them do the same thing. Enjoy pranking your friends!

Finger Print Scanning requires an actual scanner. The iPod has a touch screen. It cannot scan a finger,but can only recognize where we touch.
    Cydia mod is a software mod. A "finger print scanning" feature requires a hardware mod.

I think Felipe understands that. He is asking for an app that will merely respond to the touch, but at the same time make it look like it's scanning the fingerprint. In other words, a fake fingerprint scanner.

None of the touch screens currently used in mobile phones (Apple and others) are capable of fingerprint recognition. Sensor layers with such resolution would probably double the cost of those devices.

Even if you do find some App that says to do it, it won't be an actual fingerprint.
    To get a valid fingerprint recognition you need like 250-300 unique identification points of the finger. That is roughly the same number your entire devices screen has sensors.

*comment got stripped*

As for not being real - those "unreal" fingerprints have one problem. I tested a few of them and like 9 out of 10 tries they deny your finger. That's going to be a "fail" show