How to create an antivirus software?
Question by Achyut /

How to create an antivirus software?

• suja

i want to create a antivirus software using .Net… is it possible

If you want to make an antivirus program, with little knowledge on how to do so, download a project from sourceforge, read the source code, & get evolved with the project. Machine level language are preffered to write antivirus – Generally VC++ Language is good choice.

Antivirus Sample Application

Microsoft Antivirus API

Security Pilot Anti-Virus Devloping

Super Av Anti Virus
    Super Av AntiVirus is an open source anti virus with full source code

• Jeffery Fabish

Aren’t their enough to chose from?

Anyway, learn a software development language, I recommend C++. There are many components to an anti-virus, such as the engine, detection (signature vs heuristic), self defense, firewall, etc.

Start first with simple applications. These anti-virus companies invest hundreds of thousands of dollars into the development and maintaining of their products, hiring hundreds of programmers to do different tasks.

• Dey69

mother fucker..what the hell r u..r u gay ?? why u want to meet us??

• Jeff Fabish

Uh-rude. That is contradictory, actually. I can’t be both a “mother fucker” AND gay, as if I were gay I wouldn’t then fuck mothers (who are women).  

It was actually a joke at how long it will take to master such a language.