Why can I not create an album and add pictures on Facebook?

Michelle November 29, 2011

My Facebook won’t let me create an album or add pictures. When I click on create an album a notepad comes up and it’s the link on top of the notepad that popped up.

How can I delete static.ak.fbcdn.net and be able to create albums and add my pictures again? I have run out of ideas and I don’t know why this is happening  to me on my Facebook. Please help me! No one seems to not know the answer to this problem I am having on my Facebook.

1. Cecile

I am trying to Create album on my facebook account and it won't let me do it, but I can add pictures . Please help

Thank you.

Cecile,

Can you explain what exactly you are doing and what happens? For example do you not find the option to create an album or is there an error message and if so, what does it say?

You can verify the java version here
    http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
    if you think java is the problem, you can uninstal then you go bak to the link i mentioned, which will scan the pc and will give you the link to download and instal java. Before instal just close IE.

add-ons & plug-ins it's like if you have other toolbars, your ADblock is a plugin, internet download managers adds plugins that helps download....now if you apply that link that i gaved you will reset internet explorer and so will remove all that i mentionned is like you installed fresh Windows and you have fresh IE, as i said if you have favorites/bookmarks they will not be deleted. Also ask you father to install the NEW IE9, this can fix the problem.

is this a late published comment, or a new one ?!
    because we have already discussed this.

one option is using the link i gave to you,
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/albums/create.php?

https://www.facebook.com/albums/create.php

with which you successfully created album.

and the other option is the upload option, which you call popup.
    ut never mind, if you are satisfied with the link and don't want to use the other option, it's upto you !

• Michelle

the link you gave me works great, but i would like to know about the upload option.

use the upload option in other browsers, they are better than ie.
        and it will be done easily.
        in ie i don't have such interface like you do, so i will need a full screen shot to guide you.
        but if you want to try it,

paste the images you want to upload to desktop.
        now find "look in" field on top:
        select desktop from the drop down.
        and select the image to be uploaded.

you know what, we started at 11.30 pm IST and now it is 5.00 am IST :)

• Michelle

I'm sorry i don't understand the screen shot part :/ is it really hard to do?.. doing the upload option? If its a pain in the butt I will not make you help me anymore because i feel really bad that you have helped me already for a long time.. and if it is a pain in the butt we don't have to do it. But if it will help me make not the pop-up not come up anymore i may go ahead and proceed this.

it's not like that,
           i am here to help only. It's just that i feel a bit sleepy. lol.
          capturing screenshots is one of the most easy tasks.

just press the print screen key on the keyboard.
          then open MS paint

press ctrl + V
          press ctrl + s

give filename.
          screenshot is ready.
          post it here.

then i will tell you how easy or difficult it is, don't mind if you get a delayed reply.

• Michelle

maybe i will pass on this.. i pressed the print screen button on my keyboard and nothing happened..maybe i was not ment to do this.

• Michelle

I don't have MS paint on my computer either..

• Michelle

Never mind i just found the paint thing

when you press print screen, it copies image ,
          which you can paste in ms paint.
          once it is pasted, you can save the image.
          thats it.

• Michelle

ok what's next?.. i don't want to save the image. If its ok with you can you just type down the steps for me?.. your tired and I'm just curious what to do.

no, i need them..because i already told you the steps several times.
          ok let's try.
          paste the photos you want to upload on facebook on your desktop.
          now you see a look in field, (check the photographs you uploaded. for reference)
          select desktop.
          now you will see your photos you want to upload
          select them.
          and click ok.

• Michelle

I'm going to pass on doing the upload option. The link seems to be easier I just wanted to kinda get an idea of what to do.

use it will be an easy one, and use chrome and firefox, you are missing a lot of features.

• Michelle

are you saying that ie has less features then chrome and firefox? Is that the reason I am having problems from facebook?

for me, firefox and chrome are better browsers, and whenever you find some problem in a browser, you should check it in a different browser.

• Michelle

so my problem was caused from my browser?

i think so, you need to install another browser and check it.
          and i am still not sure, whether this is a problem, or you could not create album choosing the right options.

• Michelle

ok I'm still gonna pass on the 2nd option.. and i really apprectiate all your help!

you are welcome...Facebook
          is for friendship, and makeuseof answers is for troubleshoot, you can't
          find my facebook from my name!write anything on this facebook page and tell me your name, michelle :)https://www.facebook.com/Jayologicalif you need tech support this site is the best,as there are some other great people also, who can help you.

• Funluvngurl4326

yeah i can't find you.

it's ok... just create a disqus profile, to connect to this site.
          you can find me here.
          just ask a question.
          and i will answer.
          and do not use yahoo mail, use gmail. it is better.

• Michelle

Sorry for the inconvenice

o, i am always happy to help,
          and i can see that you don't know a few things, even i did not at some point of time.
          so keep asking questions, it will help you grow.

• Michelle

do you mind giving me your name? can I find you on facebook if i ever need your help again?

• Michelle

is a screen shot a picture of me?

yes, you uploaded those photographs ? screenshots are the easier and smarter version of them, so you don't need a camera, it captures just by pressing print screen.

5. Michelle

here is one more

6. Michelle

Hope this helps srry i took these on my phone my phone isn't really good.. when taking pictures

there cant be any solution , because there is no problem.
      read what it says : select pics to upload, you will have to open pics from the folder, like you open a file.

this is the option for selecting photos to upload as i said initially.
      navigate to the folders that contain the pics, select and upload them, it will let you create an album.
       i told u this is not a popup it is select photo dialog.

and did you read my last comment?  : you have now perhaps option to create album without the "popup" :)
      click  here : http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/create-album-add-pictures-facebook/#comment-376196678

and i think you dont know how to take screenshot from print screen key?

• Michelle

I can only create a album if i click on your link.

hi, michele , one reason for not getting any solution can be the words you used to describe your question.
    I did not get the notepad part.
    it looks like a popup.

sometimes, you cant upload for a day or two, then it gets normal automatically because of the facebook errors unless you are unlucky.
    any way i just uploaded a pic to my wall photos without any problem.
    can you please explain  more so your question can be clear.

I will tell you to do it in the simplest way, if this fails, we can look for alternatives.

go to home/new feed
    click on add photo
    click on upload photo
    browse
    select a photo and upload.
    write a cation and
    share it.

i know , you already know this, i am just telling  that if you are doing it in a different way, try the simplest first.

then we can think about alternatives.

• Michelle

Can you please re-send me what i just sent you I didn't save it in my email. :/

• Michelle

I'm sending you another reply because I want to make sure that you got my response back from your reply there should be 3 replys back from me please let me know if you get all three of them. 1 should have about he problem I'm having and if you can re-send me what I wrote you about that.. that would be great.

are you posting on comments from email, if you dont have access to makeuseof site, then it is ok, we can continue like this.
        you can click on "link to comment" to reach the conversation at the end of comment in the mail..

full text of your question :
        My Facebook won’t let me create an album or add pictures. When I
        click on create an album a notepad comes up and it’s the link on top of
        the notepad that popped up.

How can I delete static.ak.fbcdn.net and be able to create albums and
        add my pictures again? I have run out of ideas and I don’t know why
        this is happening  to me on my Facebook. Please help me! No one seems to
        not know the answer to this problem I am having on my Facebook

link to this question:

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/create-album-add-pictures-facebook/#comment-376022601

so it may be a fb error, that you cant upload photos, but , first start from uploading a photo to test what is the problem.

go to home/new feed
        click on add photo
        click on upload photo
        browse
        select a photo and upload.
        write a cation and
        share it.

• Michelle

it doesn't work.
           When I replied back to you i exadently hit something i was not suposed to. One of my other responses that I sent to you said it has to be red by a monitor before posting. So the full text of the question that you re-sended me is not the right one.

create your disqus account or post regularly for some days, then it may directly post your comment.
          anyway,

if  the full text i gave you is not the real question, then you can ask your question  in the next comment.

so, uploading a photo using the steps i gave you, did not work ? did you get an error message ? what happened ?

• Michelle

I don't really remember what I wrote.. and I'm frustrated that I can't create any albums on my facebook 

hey relax dont worry, follow the basic steps to create albuma nd tell me where exactly the problem appears.

if you are using basic uplaoder then use select photos option,
          if select photos give you the pop up

and yes, try another browser,  switch to chrome or firefox.

you can also upload photos to any album and then you can move those pics to another album.

• Michelle

The real problem is that I'm not able to create a album on my facebook.. and the pop-up keeps on poping up when i try to create a album. 

it will be better if you already have an album, to add photos to.

well, either you need to explain better or post a screenshot of popup or tell me the text or appeareance of the popup

to create album,
           go to  profile.
          click on upload photo,
          Add Photo / Video >> create album >> select photos >> click on after selecting photos.

now tell me if this does not work, or when does the popsup pops up exactly.

i just uploaded an album to make sure there is not a universal fb problem.

• Michelle

The pop-up pops up right when I click on add photos and when I click on Create Photo Album

so you first click don add photo/video... then you clicked on create an album..then a rectangle  "loading appeared and then there was a popup right ??

it is not a unnecessary poppup.
          it is the upload dialog that pops up.

and i think your browser is unable to show this upload box, that is why  you cant do this.

if youare using firefox, update flash or update broswer version.
          http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

or switch to chrome.

or as an alternative,if you can't do this.
           if you can add photos, you can merge two old albums to one, and use the seond empty one as ypur new album.
          moving pics is possbile with comments as it is.
          but at least u should be able to  see the edit album dialog.

• Michelle

As soon as i click on Add Photo/ Video yes I click on Create Photo Album then the pop up says upload by i can't put in the file pop up name this site won't let me but the pop up name starts with static and ends with .net i sent the name to you eariler in my question 

1. so it your broswer which is causing the problem.
          can you tell me which broser are you using ?
          i told you to use another browser and the version of broswer.(you can find it from the help menu , about option),
          at least tell me that you can use any other broswer!

2. do you have many albums on your facebook? are there any two albums that you can afford to merge into one ?

please apply either of these two options, either  change/update browser or flash.
           or merge two ablums to create new.

• Michelle

I have adobe flash. I have another facebook which i can create a album everthing is fine but the facebook that I am having trouble with as of now that I'm talking about is the one i use the most. I have the other one as my back up which is now deactived.

I have internet explorer. This is not really my computer I am using my dads computer. Do you think i need to uninstall adobe flash player? and re-add it back again?

I have many albums on my facebook. I really don't want to merge any of my albums together but i understand and get what you are talking about though.

install fire fox :
          http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new

or chrome :
          http://www.google.com/chrome

or do it later on your second computer.

or fastest option: mail me your fb password and email , i will create the albums, and then you change your password.. :D.

• Michelle

I don't need to upgrade my browser?

if i install fire fox or chrome will i be able to create my albums again with no trouble?

Thank you so much for all of your help. I really appreciate of the time you have takin to stop and help me out! 

firefox and chrome are  more compatible broswers, specially chrome.
          so cant say anything right now, but there much more possibilities of it.

also check if you have the latest flash player plugin.

you can upgrade  ie 9 only if you have windows 7 or vista.
          and i have already tried it with ie 8, it just shown a select file box instead of any popups.

and next time give a clear discretion of your problem, or use screenshots.

• Michelle

ok i will try better next time. If you do get the responses from me that had to be monitored can you please copy and paste them to me again? I will greatly appreciate it! :)))) THANKS

• Michelle

what is the lastest flash player plug-in? sorry i have to ask.

• Michelle

can you please give me some examples of latest flash player plug-in?

go to this link : http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
           whatever version you will see is the latest.

use chrome to avoid such facebook errors.

• Michelle

thank you! :)  

• Michelle

now i have 3 replys pending to respond back to you

you just tell me your which browser you are using.
          dont tell me internet explorer 6 !!

• Michelle

I have Internet Explorer 8

• Michelle

I am using windows internet explorer 8 

nstall fire fox :

or chrome :
          http://www.google.com/chrome

or do it later on your second computer.

or fastest option:  mail me your fb password and email , i will create the albums, and then you change your password.. :D.

by the way i tested ie 8 , it just shows select files to upload when i click create album.

• Michelle

what does select files mean? when I wanted to create a album it went straight to the pop-up :/

when i click create album it directly opens the select file dialogue.

which lets me select photos.

as the lat attemp: click this url:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/albums

or copy and paste it on addressbar and press enter.

now you will see a create album button on the top right
          click it.

• Michelle

ok i clicked on it 

so did you click that create album button on top right?
          what happened when you clicked it ? 

it should let you select photos and create album.

• Michelle

nope it will not work for me :( I still get the pop up someone told me the pop-up is from a site working with facebook 

ok, lets not repeat everything, it would have been a lot easier if you used a screenshot or two, so i could just see what is this popup.

i think we have new last hope :
          click this one or paste in to address bar:https://www.facebook.com/#!/albums/create.php?

i have tested it in ie8.
           try and reply.

• Michelle

Omgosh it worked!!!! How the heck did u do that? I don't see the whole address link :(

enjoy your album :)
          you can find whole link on your addressbar of facebook window, after clicking it.

and did you understand , that popup is actually the upload option ?
          the problem never existed.
          but if you do not like that popup, use that link, bookmark it.

and never post screen-shots photographed, someone may laugh .
           it is really easy to press print screen key and open ms paint and paste it using ctrl + v
          then save the screenshot.

• Michelle

maybe it isn't but i would like to just create a album without getting the dumb pop-up.. somethings got to be wrong because i shouldn't be getting the pop-up. I don't get the pop-up on my other facebook. Just saying

it's ok..use that link when your are on ie,other broswers will not create such problem, i guess.
          and its not popup,you just have to navigate to the folder where the pics are sotred if you wnat to use the other option.i can explain to u how to use that popup to create album if you post a full screen shot using ms paint and print screen. else it is fine and simple, you have the option to create album ! you have to change the folder in look in field. and reach to the pics to select them and upload.

• Michelle

what is the other option?

one is my link and other is the popup :)

• Michelle

what if i uninstall my adobe flash player and re-add it.. do u think it will help?

you can try it, but i think it will be the same as updating.

• Jstajypc

i am having the same issue......i know EXACTLY what you are saying and what is happening coz its happening to me - has been for the past month

delete static.ak.fbcdn.net cant be its part of facebook

follow the solution described here
    http://vinodkotiya.blogspot.com/2010/02/solution-for-facebook-staticakfbcdnnet.html

• Michelle

I tried this but some of the steps of places to go that is giving to me is not on my computer and from that I can't follow those steps. Is there any other easy ways to fix my problem. Not even really sure what is preventing me from not being able to not create a album to my facebook..? 

sure messing arround with hosts files is a little dangerous, also do check if you have some adblock software, parental control or even firewall so make sure that facebook is on the safe list.

It's a CDN, not a problem. Messing around with hosts file isn't going to help anyone!

well the solution apparently worked for some, and also the origine of the problem can be different from one pc to another, thought to mention the above soution and it's up to the person to decide  apply or not apply  the method, the idea behind is for info not to mess up the pc.

• Michelle

....???

• Michelle

Are you going to help me????

uninstal JAVA reboot then reinstal JAVA?

• Michelle

Hi ha14 I have Internet Explorer 8 and i have on my pop-up blocker. Some people have told me that in order to make my pop up go away I could try updating my browser and maybe the pop up will go away. I have 2 facebooks, and my mom has one. My mom has no problem with her facebook and I just recently made another facebook with no problem. On my other facebook I didn't have a problem with the pop till somewhere after October of this year 2011. I was putting alot of photos on my facebook and then one day i couldn't create no more albums on my facebook  because the pop up popped up. I just want it gone. I do not want to make another facebook just because i can't create an album. Please let me know if there are any easy ways on how to make the pop go away. THANKS! Hope I hear back from you!

Hi Michelle
          run this microsoft fix it http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
          this will reinitialise all IE settings, will remove all plug-ins on IE but your bookmarks will not be touched, let me know if it did the trick.