How can I create more than 25 lines per drop-down box in Word on the Mac?

Cristal Garcia October 19, 2012

I have a question regarding Microsoft Office Word in a Mac. I am creating a document for teachers in my school and one particular section requires drop down boxes. My question is in regards to the limitations found in Microsoft Office Word 2011 in Macs. One of the drop-boxes requires over 25 items/lines to be included in that single drop-box and often enough over 60 characters in each line. Is there a way I can go onto developer in Microsoft Word to enable more than 25 lines per drop-box and over 60 characters per line?

Thank you,

1. Ashley Dandy

Get a Windows computer.

Looks like that's about the only option...

1.On the Word menu, click Preferences
    2.Under Personal Settings, click Ribbon
    3.Check the box next to “Developer” in the list if it is not checked. Click “OK”
    4. Go to the Developer tab on the Ribbon.
    5. Select Combo Box
    6. Double-click on the newly-added element to add items to the drop-down.
    7. Press OK when you are finished.
    8. Press Protect Form when you wish to be able to select items in the drop-down.

Yes, I have successfully managed to create drop-down menus, however, in each drop down menu I'm limited to only 25 items per drop-down. My question was/is, how can I include 30+ options in a single drop-down? I can do that in a PC, but not Mac.