Do country specific Amazon portals directly include US sellers in search results?

Drsunil V April 5, 2014

I don't know this for a fact, but in amazon.co.uk I don't think I've ever seen an item from amazon.com or for that matter amazon.fr or amazon.de (which would have made sense given that they're large Amazon outlets in the EU). Things could be very different in other branches of Amazon though.

No. Country specific shops only contain sellers registered for that region. If you want to purchase something from amazon.com you also have to signup there.

Other than being from the same company the shops are "not connected".

• Drsunil V

Thanks. Please double-verify , as I had seen shops outside the country in items search results on country specific branch of amazon , which led to this question being posted here

• Jan F

A seller, a shop, might sign up for the Amazon.com Marketplace although it is located in e.g. Canada. So it is possible that a shop in your search results is from a foreign country.

However, a seller signed up for the Amazon.com Marketplace will not show up in results e.g. on Amazon.ca unless he signs up there too.

Or in short:
      The Amazon Marketplace is country specific. The sellers on the Marketplace can be international.