Which countries allow product delivery by drone?

Drsunil V September 10, 2014

Which countries allow e-tailers to deliver products using drones?

1. Gwen N

Amazon officially announced that their first drone delivery is going to be in India, later this year? Who would have thought India would be the first market that Amazon will test?

The thought of receiving my packages from a drone make me super excited though!

• Dr.sunil V

Thanks. I guess the reason is that the time of drone delivery is to coincide with the big festival ( Diwali ) at which time e-tailers get additional first time buyers , gift senders , and time of enhancing awareness of the portal and for sellers to get maximum opportunity for sale and buyers to get maximum deals. In addition , India is one of Amazon's largest e-commerce branch with huge sales.

I don't believe any country actually allows this formally, but a shop in Russia apparently delivers pizza by drone: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2669157/Not-just-pie-sky-Russian-pizzeria-claims-offer-deliveries-helicopter-drone.html .

• Dr.sunil V